Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2018, 03:11 PM   #1

EC30 Resistor Clip?

I have had the known problem where my AGS doesn't start the gen, only blips the starter then returns to manual mode. I spoke to Onan TS about this and they said there is a TSB which describes clipping off a resistor on the board to correct it.

Anyone heard of this, and/or have additional details?

Thanks in advance!

Terry
ResortMGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Terry! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Never heard of that problem.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResortMGR View Post
I have had the known problem where my AGS doesn't start the gen, only blips the starter then returns to manual mode. I spoke to Onan TS about this and they said there is a TSB which describes clipping off a resistor on the board to correct it.

Anyone heard of this, and/or have additional details?

Thanks in advance!

Terry
Please refer to these previous discussions;

https://www.google.com/search?q=EC30...earch=irv2.com
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:53 AM   #4

I searched through the other threads and found reference to the Winne undersized wire issue and some configuration issues, but no mention of the resister issue.

To further clarify, this problem acts exactly like the Winne undersized wire problem, except that the wiring in my Entegra meets Onan's requirements. This problem existed since new, I simply never tested it until recently. My bad.

When I spoke with Onan TS they told me about the TSB that exactly matched the symptoms. The issue for me is that I am in deep south Texas and the nearest Onan shop that can do the work is 5 hours away per Onan. So I was hoping someone else either had the issue corrected or in my dreams, actually found a copy of the TSB.

Maybe I should have titled the post "Onan Auto Gen Start Problem" so it would be clearer. I just assumed based on the TS response that this was a relatively widespread issue.

Anyway, thanks for any help or suggestions.
ResortMGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:00 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResortMGR View Post
I searched through the other threads and found reference to the Winne undersized wire issue and some configuration issues, but no mention of the resister issue.

To further clarify, this problem acts exactly like the Winne undersized wire problem, except that the wiring in my Entegra meets Onan's requirements. This problem existed since new, I simply never tested it until recently. My bad.

When I spoke with Onan TS they told me about the TSB that exactly matched the symptoms. The issue for me is that I am in deep south Texas and the nearest Onan shop that can do the work is 5 hours away per Onan. So I was hoping someone else either had the issue corrected or in my dreams, actually found a copy of the TSB.

Maybe I should have titled the post "Onan Auto Gen Start Problem" so it would be clearer. I just assumed based on the TS response that this was a relatively widespread issue.

Anyway, thanks for any help or suggestions.
Terry,

The problem you are referring to is corrected by a software update to version 4.00 R6. This update will allow the EC-30 panel to attempt more than one start before reverting to manual mode. To get this software update accomplished involves taking or sending your EC-30 panel to Grover Simpson at Onan in Elkhart Indiana. When I did mine this service was free.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote