Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2016, 12:38 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Extended service Plan GS vs. wholesale Extended Warranty

Ok, have it narrowed down to GS extended service Plan and wholesale warranties extended warranty.

Both look about the same, but WW has much better road hazard.

What is the better way to go ????
BlueOx Aladdin Toads: '19 Tahoe, '22 JLU, '17 JKU, IRV3 Brake System
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2016, 04:45 AM   #2

I can only give my experience. I cancelled my GS plan when they did everything not to cover a covered part. I went with Wholesale over 5yrs. ago and have NEVER had the slightest problem with them.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:32 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Agree GS does everything in their power not to cover anything. I paid $5,000 for a 5 year plan. Had a step problem and ended up paying them $500 to resolve the problem. Run don't walk away.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:10 PM   #4

We've had pretty good results with Wholesale Warranties. The only time they didn't cover a repair was when the repair company rep didn't properly explain the cause of the problem and the reimbursement was denied. Once you are denied, they won't change their minds for any reason. As long as the repair facility is experienced dealing with extended warranty companies, all works well.
slallen1262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:00 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4fun View Post
Ok, have it narrowed down to GS extended service Plan and wholesale warranties extended warranty.

Both look about the same, but WW has much better road hazard.

What is the better way to go ????
With your WW ESC, do I still need GS Roadside Asst. I bought yesterday. This is my first RV, don't know swat about this stuff.
Thanks
Chiefig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:23 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefig View Post
With your WW ESC, do I still need GS Roadside Asst. I bought yesterday. This is my first RV, don't know swat about this stuff.
Thanks
Yes, you still need the roadside assistance since they are two entirely separate things. The roadside assist gets you to the repair place, the extended service insurance covers repairs.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:42 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Re my old post, RV Dealers & Ext Ward Insurance Fraud...

Trying to find a place to post an update that Federal & State complaints have been filed on all Good Sam products purchased alleging: GSESP (Grand Theft 18USC1343, extortion) & Multivehicle full coverage insurance, Nat'l General & RoadSide (retaliation, theft by denying use of an insurance product). They are under investigations but will say this...

QBENA underwrites the GSESP as of ~8/2013. Your State Gov's Insurance Consumer Protection has limited or no jurisdiction over how they treat you because QBENA is called a "Surplus Lines Carrier" and from another Country (Australia).

Roadside has abandoned many seniors, who I meet in Quartzsite, on city highway overpasses & in the middle of now where, or like my experience, as alleged retaliation if you catch them doing something in your other GS Insurance products, like I have, or as one victim from Canada discovered, they can't afford to pay any tow company enough to work for them.

It's taken a long time to unravel the complexity of what happened to me while under cancer treatments---of this complex Lemonis Insurance "Brand Label" of underwriters claims agents.

Suggest sticking with National Brands under Jurisdictions of your state's Dept of Justice (DOJ) & Insurance Regulation or you will lose money and have a fight on your hands to make them accountable. Try AAA for RV Roadside, Progressive Insurance...stick with well known brands.
tealstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:46 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
The Good Sam Lawyer Response to Accountability

This is how they cover you.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:45 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a Wholesale Warranties ESP, the carrier is Protrek. I just used it for the first time last week. I had to replace all three ac units on our mh. The repair facility tech diagnosed and then contacted Protrek on Tuesday. Protrek sent out an inspector on Weds, I had new ac's installed on Thursday. Protrek paid the bill to the repair facility. Can't get any better than that: I recouped 3/4 of the cost of the extended warranty in that one claim.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:39 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Surplus Lines Carriers/Insurance UnderWriters

Having been on the road nearly 6 years, in hindsight, all the lawyers/threats/issues with these guys over a phony claim submission and alleged gaming me by using obsolete parts known to cause a hydraulic failure--to keep me coming back--- I would have never purchased an ESP or RoadSide from Good Sam. Also find RV techs to not be very well trained.

Now, having spent many hours talking to state and federal regulators of the RV Industry---would never ever recommend buying Insurance Underwritten by a "Supply Lines Carrier" because your Insurance Commission has NO authority to discipline them like a Farmers type UW. As a club, if you expect or demand a certain level of quality & integrity, and balk if they don't provide it, as a club they can turn on you. Happened to me with all the GS products purchased, ~$3K/year.

A good mechanic can work on your engine. A good RV tech support can walk you through troubleshooting & replacing items in your coach. I just fixed an intermittent electrical slide out issue for ~$7--price of re-soldering a broken solder joint @ molex connector.

Good luck.

Tags
sale, service