Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2019, 02:20 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
F&P Dishwasher Model DS603 F1 Code

Afternoon everyone, just finished first winter as a snowbird, loved it, no snow or freezing temperatures.

Have an F&P single drawer dishwasher that got lots of use over the 6 months until the 2nd last night.

Problem is an F1 code.

Pulled power and still there when power restored.

Removed the drawer, checked the moisture sensor and reservoir where it sits, both dry.

Followed instructions to put into diagnostic mode. Instructions say when in diagnostic mode, the code will not continue.
I just get the machine into diagnostic mode and trouble code back, over ride diagnostics.

Anyone had similar experience? If so, were you able to correct problem?

Thanks in advance

Bob
Almost There is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Grand Design Owners Club

Haven’t had any chance to dig deeper into the problem as motorhome back in storage and it’s been cold and rainy here.

Did however email F&P tech assistance, explained the problems including that the unit keeps running code while in diagnostics mode.

They are USELESS!

Their answer was to call their technician out, they don’t want to answer questions due to potential liability.
Thanks F&P, I will be sure to tell anyone who asks about your exemplary customer support.)
Old 05-06-2019, 07:31 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
Seems like something happened to last line or two in above post.

Has anyone experienced F1 code on dishwasher?

Hopefully someone can give some suggestions.

Many thanks

Bob
Old 05-06-2019, 08:18 PM   #4
Dom

F1 usually means main board
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:31 PM   #5
Dom

Talked to one of my techs, says could also be a leak, which should show though. if you can remove kick plate and look underneath. If you cant see anything, then let sit a few days, if it is in the dw pan it should dry up. Then if it reappears it prob is, leak. Also too much soap can cause leaks
Old 05-07-2019, 06:14 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Grand Design Owners Club

Thank you for the reply Dom.
After we had been home for about 10 days there were a couple of nights below freezing so I brought coach home to plug in and put heat on. Not winterized.

Tried then and still in F1 status.

The base was dry when I opened it up when it first went into F1.
Found no leaking fittings, actuators seemed good. Since it only gives me 15 to 20 seconds to get into diagnostic mode and test something before it returns to alarm status I’ve only been able to try actuators.

My thoughts are with main board simply because there were no issuse in bottom when I checked and the code won’t stop when I get it into diagnostic mode.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Bob
Old 05-07-2019, 10:26 AM   #7
Dom

On almost any appliance the dreaded F1 is main board. any other F code indicates other things. The fact also that you don't even get into diagnostics does point to board. If you are able to change yourself, then you save the cost of service charge and labor. So even if you're wrong its only the cost of the board. If you are right, most likely, and had tech change it, now you're out cost of board and labor

Tags
dish, dishwasher