Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Smart EMS

From what I understand the Smart EMS manages the power distribution. Every time we hook up to shore line 50 or 30 amp the board shows the AMP draw. We have been on the road for a week now. We made a couple of stops so far and the EMS was working just fine (with 50 AMP hook up showing the AMP draw). This time board lights up fine, showing 50 AMP service, all lights are green except it doesn't show the AMP draw as it always did before?
BTW dealer just replaced the new board. Anyone any idea or suggestions as to what is going here? Thanks
Excursion04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
Community Administrator

It's working fine now. It's not supposed to show amps on 50.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I am pretty sure it always did show the AMP. I just checked the instructions manual. On the the display panel shows 30 Amp mode when when shore power is first applied. The 30 Amp mode is the default theshold mode
Old 07-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
Community Administrator

That's odd. Here's a photo of mine. I have to select 30 or 20. It defaults to 50.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-418879612.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	513.4 KB
ID:	42973

Old 07-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by excurion04 View Post
I am pretty sure it always did show the AMP. I just checked the instructions manual. On the the display panel shows 30 Amp mode when when shore power is first applied. The 30 Amp mode is the default theshold mode
Ours shows amp draw when on 30 or genset but not on 50. Never has.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
mine looks just like yours, except I notice yous is showing what is running. I am running refrig and 2 AC but is not showing in the status side. see pic.

Also the reason that I am sure it showed the amp draw, is because my wife notice the amp draw was fluctuating.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #7
Community Administrator

You might want to go see the dealer that just replaced the board. Something's not right. Do you have any circuit breakers turned off ? My EMS was not happy when I turned off a breaker for the W/D that I removed. Apparently there are certain breakers that cannot be turned off.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #8

Ours never shows amps on 50 amp service. I thought it was defective and thought about taking it in, as our rig is just days from being a year old and out of warranty. I won't take it in now, as I really don't care on fifty amp as you have plenty to go around. And I can go out to the pole and read amps on our surge-voltage protector. This rig has been basically trouble free and had only one trip to the dealer for slide awnings to be tightened up as they flapped badly in high winds. All other small stuff fixed myself. I also do all lube and oil changes myself. Didn't want or need the extended warranty. The chassis has a 5 year 60K power train warranty anyway.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
If 240 VAC 50 Amp exists between the L1 and L2 inputs, the energy management feature is disabled and all control relay contacts are closed, energizing all of the controlled loads. The Control Module sends a signal to the Display Module which causes the loadmeter to go blank, and all power status indicators to light.
From the Model 800 and 900 operator's manuals.

Sounds like its supposed to be blank when hooked up to 50 amp.

Nice system!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
it works!!!
it shows the amp draw if you are running off the generator or connected to 30 amp line. I switched from shore line to generator, the display showed the amp draw..

Thank you, I am still learning.

This site has been great helping a newcomer like me.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by excurion04 View Post
it works!!!
it shows the amp draw if you are running off the generator or connected to 30 amp line. I switched from shore line to generator, the display showed the amp draw..

Thank you, I am still learning.

This site has been great helping a newcomer like me.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #12
Community Administrator

Thanks for the update.

Tags
fleetwood