Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #15

On fridge installs in a slide you need to add two fans, one at the bottom vent sucking in and one at the top blowing out. This seems to work for my friends who have done it.
The best best set up is to install an ARP control with the option of the fan control. By wiring in the Fridge Fix and the two exterior fans to the fan control circuit these will be controlled by the ARP and will only run when the fridge is producing refrigerant. They don't need to run at other times. My system is about 50% better with the ARP and the Fridge Fix and the two fans I have mounted at the top vent. Cools quicker and maintains an even temperature, much better than the stock set up.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2015, 07:44 AM   #16

Extra fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
I installed a Fridge Fix in my Norcold. It works perfectly and is much nicer than just having a fan stuck on the fins. You pay more for it but to me it is worth it because it is such a clean install and it prevents ice build up and evens out the interior temp with faster cooling. I also installed an ARP fridge control with the fan control included. I added two 120mm fans in the top of the vent on the exterior. Both the exterior fans and the interior Fridge Fix are controlled by the ARP. It is a great system! I had some minor difficulty with the install of the ARP but the company owner, Paul Unmack, walked me through the process until all issues were resolved. I highly recommend the ARP unit to protect your fridge.
09 Harley
Are the fans you install 120v or 12v ?
Would adding one on the bottom work to pull air in on one side away from burner help?
Butch Schell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:36 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbridinger View Post
I bought a $7 battery operated fan. Makes a huge difference. i have experimented with different locations to find the best spot. I have had mine for 1.5 years. Go ahead and spend $100 if you want.
I have used two Camco fans for several years. I let Norcold do the fin defrosting, I use the fans to circulate air. The normal temp in the refrigerator around 38 degrees.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtravels View Post
Does anyone have experience with the Fridge Fix manufactured by Smart RV Product Elite 2 + 2 on how well it works and what it does to the Dometic RM1350 Refrigerator cooling temperature. I am having problems with high temepratures in the refrigerator.
If the freezer is working well but the refrigerator isn't, then you likely have a cooling coil issue, probably partially blocked. If the fins inside the fridge are not cold then no amount of blowing air will fix it.
Ret Syntst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Schell View Post
09 Harley
Are the fans you install 120v or 12v ?
Would adding one on the bottom work to pull air in on one side away from burner help?
I added two Corsair 12 volt fans to the top vent, some have added 3 or 4! They are really only needed at the top vent because heat rises and all you are trying to do is exhaust the hot air. If you blow the air out it has to be replaced from the bottom vent with cooler air. If you have a sllide mounted unit then one to suck in from the bottom and one to blow out at the upper side vent. The slide units are a a real disadvantage when it comes to airflow.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:20 AM   #20

Have Dometic rm1350 in slide. Where did you purchase fans and what controls them?
Unit does not cool properly when mobil either on elec or propane. Any ideas.
BarbandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbandBob View Post
Have Dometic rm1350 in slide. Where did you purchase fans and what controls them?
Unit does not cool properly when mobil either on elec or propane. Any ideas.
I purchased my fans from Frye's Electronics. They are 120 mm Corsair AF series. I would put one on lower vent sucking air in and one on the top vent blowing out. I would also install a Fridge Fix inside the fridge and I would control all three with the ARP Control. Google ARPRV for info on this unit. I wouldn't have a propane fridge without this control.
Most units in slides have a hard time operating efficiently. It's all a matter of airflow both inside the fridge to circulate air and outside to remove the heat from the cooling coils. Do this and your problems should be solved.

Tags
fridge