Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2018, 07:10 PM   #1

Furnace Blower Motor Running??

My MH has been stored in my back yard for the past 2 weeks and today my wife said she noticed a beeping inside the coach. I found it was the CO detector indicating low voltage. So I plugged in the coach to shore power. Then later in the day she noticed a noise coming from the return air grill for the main furnace located under the oven in the kitchen. When I checked it sounded like the furnace blower motor was running but just barely... I made sure the t-stat was turned off. It was. So now I am stumped! Has anyone else encountered this issue?

It below freezing temps in my area right now so I left it for the night but will investigate more on the weekend as the temps are supposed to be much better.

Thoughts?
ScottyBye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2018, 07:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBye View Post
My MH has been stored in my back yard for the past 2 weeks and today my wife said she noticed a beeping inside the coach. I found it was the CO detector indicating low voltage. So I plugged in the coach to shore power. Then later in the day she noticed a noise coming from the return air grill for the main furnace located under the oven in the kitchen. When I checked it sounded like the furnace blower motor was running but just barely... I made sure the t-stat was turned off. It was. So now I am stumped! Has anyone else encountered this issue?

It below freezing temps in my area right now so I left it for the night but will investigate more on the weekend as the temps are supposed to be much better.

Thoughts?
Is your converter next to the furnace like mine is?? If so, what you are hearing is the cooling fan in the converter.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:30 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply.
I am actually not sure where my converter is located. But it’s quite possible it’s in there. When the temps warm up on the weekend I will remove the return air grill and have a look.
ScottyBye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:20 AM   #4

If it is an Atwood furnace, your control board is wet. Remove outside access, dry board with a hair dryer on low heat.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace