Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #1

Generac NP-66 Diagnostics Help

My generator stopping putting out voltage. Actually , there is a residual output of about 2.6 volts. Output Hz drifts between 60 and 80 Hz. Disconnected from the switch. Looked for voltage before the breakers with the breakers off. Same. Found diagnostics manuals on line and followed the process. Found DPE winding at 2.6 ohms where the manual said 1.8 plus or minus 10 percent. All other tests produced results suggesting the test passed. Help. Any suggestions? Is 2.6 ohms too high or do I need to keep looking. Any thoughts on where to look next? Any other tests I need to perform? Can anybody point me to part numbers? I have a couple calls into Generac and so far, no response. Thanks!
jim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds familiar...

Hi Jim:

I just went through almost the exact same problem for the last couple of months. I suspect it could be one of two problems, or both as in my case...

1) Loss of field boost function
2) Stator DPE windings are fried

When I first got the problem you describe, adding a field boost uplift kit from Generac fixed the problem. The part number is 0H07850SRV and I have attached a .pdf of how to connect it. Cost about $90. Gennie worked good for a while.

Later, I lost the stator DPE windings and had to put in a new stator. Got mine from the factory through Gen-Tech (Arizona) for about $380 (P/N 087845H). It's not a repair for the faint of heart but it can be done. Took me and my brother-in-law a weekend to make it right.

After putting in the new stator, I tried to run the gennie WITHOUT the field boost uplift kit and was still only getting 2VAC. After re-installing the field boost uplift kit, it has worked absolutely flawlessly ever since.

Good luck!

Jeff
JRMEDPHYS is offline   Reply With Quote