Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2017, 09:20 AM   #1

General new guy questions

Hi guys I have two questions. I just bought a 2007 Dynamax and on my control panel it is showing my water heater switch has red but right next to it it says fault and I'm not getting any hot water. Anybody seen that before? Also my refrigerator does not seem to be cooling very fast. It's been on about an hour and I'm just not sure I'm setting it up correctly there are two buttons on the right side name set CLC and Lac I don't know if they should be pushed or not any help would be appreciated I posted 2 photos belowClick image for larger version

Name:	20170516_111703.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	161998Click image for larger version

Name:	20170516_111646.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	161999
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #2

RV fridges take a LONG time to cool , 24 hrs minimum , I start mine 48 hrs before I put food in.
The fault light is an indicator that the water heater failed to light in three tries , so the control board shut down .
Turn the water heater off, make sure the service valve at the propane tank is ON, note that opening the service valve too fast can trigger the safety " line burst " shut off built into the tank , that requires system back pressure to keep open. Turn the service valve off , then open it SLOWLY to re-set.
Light a stove top burner to insure propane is in the system , then restart the water heater.

EDIT: Do you have the owners manual for the fridge , maybe the manual can provide info on the switches , my older Dometic doesn't have those.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:51 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Skip beat me to it! I agree with the hot water heater and the fridge diagnosis. The lac and clc buttons are for moisture control inside fridge. The CLC switch controls the humidity inside the fridge in damp climates. If you are in a pretty dry climate you can leave it off. The LAC switch leaves the light on inside to assist in that as well.

Jim
Old 05-16-2017, 07:32 PM   #4

Just a little suggestion on cooling down the fridges. I place two large gallon bottles frozen in my my fridges cuts that time to just about 6 hours and I always used chilled item from the S and B
lrsses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:35 PM   #5

If you are using propane for the water heater, you may want to try and purge the air. A simple trick is to light you stove burners to remove air from the lines and then try to relight the water heater.

Agree with others in the fridge.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:51 PM   #6

Thanks guys that did the trick...all is well
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote