Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Gray Water Value

Has Any one Replace The gray water value
On a Winbago
comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Gray Water Value

How did you get to it
Old 12-25-2015, 09:59 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
By "gray water value" do you mean the sensor that determines the level of gray water, or do you mean the drain valve?

If it's the sensor you are referring to, then depending on your year model they may be black plastic squares stuck on the outside of the gray tank. They were on my '06 Itasca. If not those, then they are probes through the side of the tank. The sensors should be visible up above the gray water drain pipe.

If you mean the valve, then it's easily changed by removing four bolts and replacing the whole assembly.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ate-seals/6382
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 06:12 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
They are easy to change if you can get to it. It would seem that it should be accessible since the handle has to be where you can pull it. Sometimes they can be removed ans cleaned but since they are not that expensive I would just change it out. The bolts on the two I changed out were 7/16 and it is best to use a 6 point socket if they are rusty.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 09:53 AM   #5

When I changed out our value, all I had to do was disconnect the wire connector and remove the 4 bolts holding the value in place.
Happy Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:00 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Prospector View Post
When I changed out our value, all I had to do was disconnect the wire connector and remove the 4 bolts holding the value in place.
... is there really such a thing called "grey water value" that i have never heard of, or the op just picked a wrong term? but when i saw that you, a veteran member on this board, were using the same term, hmm, i started to question myself if my knowledge is too shallow ... i only know the gray tank valve, which is easy to r/r as mentioned by other folks already... i do learn new things every day ...
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:41 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Gray water Value

I all ready bought the value mine has a cable on it
But its so far back in there I not sure I can reach
it. In the bath room there is box like thing I was thinging
that I might take it loose and see if I cant get to it that way

Tags
water