Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Half Time Oven fix

About three months ago I began an eight month project and have been living full time in my 25 ft Onyx. When I got the trailer up here, to Elkton, MD, I found that the Apollo Half Time oven had quit operating. I could not get neither the microwave nor the convection oven to operate. After calling Apollo we were told that it was the main control board and that parts were about 90 days out from being made.

I called Apollo last week to get an update on parts delivery and found that it s still a couple more months out. Being without an oven for three months has been problematic. After talking with the factory at length, I decided to take the troubleshooting somewhat farther. Who knows and it couldn't hurt.

After pulling the front cover I disconnected the control panel connector from the oven, hit it with some CRC contact cleaner and put it back together. Surprise!!! It now works!

Conclusion, if your Half Time Oven quits, disconnect the connector, clean it out, put on some dielectric grease and put it back together again. Can't hurt and could save you a bunch of grief.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3217847235.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	487.8 KB
ID:	42335

Back at work.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2013, 01:27 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I find that just taking things apart and putting them back together works some times, glad you found the fix.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:45 AM   #3

That's my first rule of thumb for electronic trouble shooting; Reseat all the connectors several times.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:50 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to GSGracie
A bit like closing down a PC and restarting it? I tried opening and closing all the windows on my car when it wouldn't go, but it didn't make any difference. My mum used to dust the motor if she couldn't start it, with varying success...
Old 07-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
That's my first rule of thumb for electronic trouble shooting; Reseat all the connectors several times.
That's called "reracking". Long acknowledged methodology. Works more often than anyone likes to admit!!
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #6

That sounds like something you do in a pool game. Myself and friends/tech have always called it reseating.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote