RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2019, 11:50 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to flht95
Heater Coach Vs Chassis Battery Power

I have a 2004 Sunseeker that the heater will not ignite while on coach Batter power. If I plug it in or start the generator it runs great. I put 2 brand new Duracell RV batteries in it and no change still needs generator or shore power. An interesting side note her I have an 1115V LED tv in the unit that I run off an 300W inverter that plugs into the wall (so it is chassis power) - If not shore power or gen when I turn it and a DVD player on they both (and the INverter) die. If I use a long 12v extension and plugh into chassis cigarette lighter receiptical it works great. I am suspecting that if I ran a wire from that cig lighte port to the heater I bet it would work too. Both the chassis battery and coacher Batteries are at about 12.8v with no load. The only thing I know that is different between chassi and coach batteries is th eelectrical box ALL the caoch stuff runs into. I would ASSUME that with no generator or shore power that would just pass through it the volatger from the dual new chassis batteries to anything that needs it. Anybody have any ideas? I am in AZ and seldom use heater so really not sure this problem has been goingon. Thanks in advance

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2019, 12:04 AM   #2

1; Your house battery disconnect switch us in the disconnect mode.
Its either not in the use mode or not switching to it.

2; The fuse or circuit breaker within a foot or 2 of the battery is tripped or blown.
Follow the positive battery cable leaving the house battery and look for it.

twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:36 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to flht95
The RV is in storage 25 miles away so want to ask a few questions before I head there. If the switch was in DIsconnect or the fuse popped - Wouldn't all COACH 12v stuff not be working if not plugged in or on Generator? If you say that somehow the chassis battery is running it then using my example of the tv/DVD player that runs on the chassis battery but not on the coach - why work on one but not the other if in effect they are both the same?

Tags
battery, chassis, heat, heater, power