Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #1

Help locating the power source on a 1993 NUWA Snowbird

A freind of ours purcahsed a NUWA Snowbird 1993 36' 1 super slide. When plugging it in he has basic power however turning the fridge or AC on flips the breaker at the post. My husband is currently at an RV spot trying to help him track the problem (with electrical testers etc.). They have sent me a text asking that I look online for a power supply diagram or manual that may help them track the problem. I have not been able to locate any information for them so I am hoping someone may be able to help me locate the information or may have some insight on where they might start. Any help would be appreciated.

***they are headed to get a new power supply cord now, hope that works***
Higgyc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #2

When you say your looking for the power source are you referring to the breaker box or the sorce where you plug from shore power to the coach... more info would help
travelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #3

They are unable to use any 120 volt or it pops the breaker at the pole. There is no inverter in this RV . It has 2 power sources 120 and 12 volt (2 batteries). The sources are not tied together. The end of the power cord has been replaced so I believe their next step is going to be replacing the entire cord with the thought being the cord may be damaged. Hubby is saying they were able to run the fan on the AC but that is it. Plugging a battery charger into the receptacle flipped the breaker at the post. All breakers in the unit tested good.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
edj

I would suggest that you or your friend sign up at the NuWa Owners Forum. There are a lot of people there that can help with the details.
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
edj

A couple of thoughts come to mind.... The pole CB may be bad. Have you tried plugging your trailer into the pole that trips out? Has the NuWa trailer tried to plug in their AC cord into a different power pole? Is the pole wired correctly?
Don't assume that the trailer is the cause of the problem...
Old 07-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #6

Thanks for all the feedback they have tried a couple of different camping sites with the same results. I will head over to the forum suggested. We are hoping the new power cord will fix the problem just to darn hot to install right now.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #7

Problem solved... They have a washer dryer combo that is pulling to many amps just being plugged in not even running for a 30 amp post. Hubby put a 30 to 50 pigtail on this morning and the power is now working great with the AC and fridge working. Guess the washer dryer combo needs to go or they will need to install 50 amp line into the RV.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #8
edj

The washer/dryer prep option and/or the install of the washer/dryer at the factory REQUIRES the 50 amp electrical system. A 30 amp system is pretty limited these days.

Tags
power