Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2005, 07:14 AM   #15

All: Here's a summary:
-Atwood, 10 gal, GCH10A3E
-Live solo, so no one else is monkeying w/the valves/switches/shore wtr/etc. And I never make mistrakes.
-Shower valves confirmed Off inside & out
-Good wtr flow thoughout rig, even w/reducer valve
-No interruption of shore wtr
-No actuation of Bypass valve since 45 days ago (when I detoxed). Checked it anyway.
-All htr opns normal til 2 days ago & tank was full at time of failure
-LP mode checked 2 weeks ago. OK
-No air from taps
-Wtr from P/T valve is cold, plentifull, clear & no smell
-No smell from tap water. Drained & cleaned htr tank one month ago. Do it every 6 months.
-Checked wiring/connections on front of htr. OK/clean (pulled, checked & reset). 20A C/B cycled & reset.
-Checked connections at interior switches (pulled One Place board). OK
-NO access plate/bottom/side that I can see

To make this drill more enjoyable, the main door latch malfunctions & will not open the door from the outside. Must go in the driver's door (glad it's not a diesel!)

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2005, 07:07 AM   #16

Got it fixed. See Winnebago IRV2 Forum.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Old 04-03-2005, 08:08 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you Thudman, that was an interesting problem and fix you had there. Seems that Winnebago screwed up on the access for that WH. Well anyhow we all learned a little from that one. Enjoy your shower.

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:26 AM   #18

Jayco Owners Club
Thudman, I'm very interested in how you fixed the water heater but I can't find your post. I've checked both Winnebago forum and the Appliance forum.
Please show me the way.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:42 AM   #19
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Donovan,

It's posted here. (Posted April 03, 2005 11:47 AM)
Old 04-03-2005, 04:42 PM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by "007":
Some coachs had a circle cut out under water heater so you could reach up in back of heater. Cut out has screw cover similar to your sewer hose outlet. Look under coach.---"007" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thudman - Ours is like 007. There is a circular black screw out plug on thr rear side of the HWH.

Best of luck !

Aventa II Tow Bar/Apollo Braking
El Jeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 05:31 PM   #21

Had a similar problem with my 2002 Itasca. If I left the electric part of the hot water heater on while driving, then when we got to a campground and plugged in the thermal coupler would kick off. Like yours the only way to reset it was to reach behind the hot water heater with a pencil and reset it by pushing the pencil in a small hole and push the reset button. Had to remember to turn the switch off when we left a camp site. Another well designed feature by Winnebago.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:51 AM   #22

I already 'splained the fix for the elec problem (spade connection). The LP fix was this: I visually inspected the in-line fuse (inside the clear plastic tube). Looked ok; however, the Tech put a multimeter on it & bingo: blown fuse. Replaced & fixed problem.

As an aside, when I was unpacking the adjoining bin for access by the Tech, I found a package of two spare in-line fuses purchased long ago for just this situation. Arrgghh!

Thudman