RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2019, 03:33 PM   #1

House Batteries Bypass Switch to IN USE & Chassis Batteries Bypass Switch to STORAGE?

With our Coach parked year around next to our house, we use her at times including using the dash stereo. For the last two years since we purchased, I've had:
House Batteries Bypass Switch to 'IN USE', Chassis Batteries Bypass Switch to 'IN USE'?

I think the generator uses the Start/Chassis batteries, I better check that sometime.

Today, I switched to:
Chassis Batteries Bypass Switch to 'STORAGE' and kept the House Batteries to 'IN USE'

Any concerns with this config?

I made sure important things like the LP and CM detectors were still on which I already knew came off the House Batteries.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2019, 03:40 PM   #2

No problem. You turn off the chassis battery and left the house battery connected. In storage most people turn them both off to keep from accidentally killing the batteries by leaving something on.

Old 04-27-2019, 04:56 PM   #3

If your plugged in to shore power, while storing the MH, you may want both " Disconnects " left in the ON position. Any battery maintaining can get to the batteries that way.

If your storing it without power, all off is the best way to keep from discharging your batteries.

If
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:13 PM   #4

I should have added in Post #1, I keep the Coach connected to Shore Power while here at the House.

On this Coach, the Starting/Chassis Batteries do not get charged while on Shore Power unfortunately.

I ordered a BatteryMINDer 12117TC to maintain the Starting/Chassis Batteries while on Shore Power.

I can't even set the House Batteries Disconnect to 'STORAGE' while connected to Shore Power unless I turn off the Coach's circuit breaker for the converter/battery charger (Inteli-Power PD9160A with Charge Wizard option) since it's charging/maintaining those House Batteries.

The 2nd owner replaced/upgraded the original MagneTek 6345 converter/battery charger with the Inteli-Power PD9160A with Charge Wizard option.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, chassis, house batteries, storage, switch