Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #1

How does microwave come out

I have a 1999 Holiday Rambler Vacationeer Class A. I need to take the Microwave out to be repared (it lights up but won't heat). It is a Sharp unit that hangs above the stove. Does anyone know how this comes out?

Thanks
Happy Jim
Happy Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
You might find what you need on this site. It may not have to be removed.

all Microwave Display Repair Sharp Dacor GE General Electric
TN Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I had to pry up the bottom of the cabinet to get to the front screws. They go down from the top. Then you lift the back up out of the bracket. Probably two people would be necessary to get it out.
This was in an '04 Geo/town. Hope this helps.
Safe travels...
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jim View Post
I have a 1999 Holiday Rambler Vacationeer Class A. I need to take the Microwave out to be repaired (it lights up but won't heat). It is a Sharp unit that hangs above the stove. Does anyone know how this comes out?
What is your microwave's model number?

We have several sets of installation instructions at our site.

Also, what are your exact symptoms?

When you enter the cooking time and press the Start pad:

- does the display count down the cooking time?
- does the inside light come on?
- does the internal cooling fan come on?
- does the turntable come on?
- is the noise different (louder or quieter) than usual?
MicrowaveSvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:58 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
[QUOTE=MicrowaveSvc;635865]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jim View Post
I have a 1999 Holiday Rambler Vacationeer Class A. I need to take the Microwave out to be repared (it lights up but won't heat). It is a Sharp unit that hangs above the stove. Does anyone know how this comes out?

What is your microwave's model number?

We have several sets of installation instructions at our site.

Also, what are your exact symptoms?

When you enter the cooking time and press the Start pad:

- does the display count down the cooking time?
- does the inside light come on?
- does the internal cooling fan come on?
- does the turntable come on?
- is the noise different (louder or quieter) than usual?
Hello Microwaveserv and welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to your participation of our forums. Just to let you know, I have in the past been an owner of an appliance dealership and have hung many a microwave. I have also been in the RV industry for many years and rarely have I ever seen an over the range microwave installed according to the instructions of the manufacturer. The RVs usually do not have the cabinet space available above the unit for the bolts to drop down through. Therefore I find the builder of the RVs find their own way to secure (many are not very well) the microwaves to the cabinet.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #6

I experienced what Mike said:
Mine has a thin cabinet above the microwave. Hidden between the floor of the cabinet and the exterior paneling of this cabinet were two screws into the microwave metal cabinet (definitely NOT part of the installations instructions). I even had to use a hole saw to make a hole through the wood cabinet floor, as it was installed AFTER the screws were screwed into the top of oven cabinet. I didn't even know those two screws were there until I removed the dress panel above the oven door to access the two long screws that actually hold the oven to the mounting plate.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote