Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #1

How often do you use all three burners on the stove?

Looking back on my time, I would have to say 3-5% of the time. In all honesty I would rather have the 2 more sq ft of counter space. On to the full kitchen remodel, out goes the Camp Chef 3 burner and in goes the Ramblewood 2 burner.

Countertop is being sent to fabricator on Thursday with mock up template.

In that time I am moving the Samsung convection oven from the top to underneath countertop.Was just a stove top with pan cabinet underneath. While also replacing the range fan with a much more quiet Air King This fan will be just as strong as a Fantacitic fan at about the same noise level. 8 inch external vent, can also be used as the 4th Fantastic fan I have when it is raining, to move air.

Then lastly take old cabinet door to cabinet guy to fab up a door for the "now" top cabinet that will match the others.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2018, 04:06 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
In 5 years and 80,000 miles we have never used all 3 burners.

I am wondering though how you will be able to see the controls to operate the convection oven when it is mounted under the countertop?
Old 07-03-2018, 04:39 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
We have 2 burner induction. Never use it. It stays covered. Prefer microwave, electric fry pan, and grill.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:28 AM   #4

Only a couple of years under our belt, but the burner cover stays in place and we sit the Air Fryer (chicken, biscuits, cookies) and single Induction Cooktop (everything else) live there. No plans to remove it though.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:38 AM   #5

I cook inside almost always and use the oven as well. But, it is near impossible to use all three burners at the same time due to space on the cook top, the proximity to the walls for handle clearance, and what gourmet concoction would you make that requires three pans at once. It's camping after all not five star RV dining. You would have to have three pans about 5" in diameter to fit everything on top. I like the idea of a two burner and the extra counter space. I could do without the oven even though it comes in handy for pizza.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
It's camping after all not five star RV dining.
You have to remember that some of us full-time in our RVs so it is "living", not "camping"... 😀
Old 07-03-2018, 02:42 PM   #7

Occasionally. If one really makes decent meals it can happen fairly often.

FWIW we happened to buy a nice set of lined enamled camp pots at a closeout about the time we bought our first MH. Not something I would have used backpacking but the bail handles work well on a small cook top. I'm not sure that type of pot is still being sold but there are garage sales. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:36 PM   #8
YC1

Ours stays covered unless cleaning. Our four burner takes up a lot of counter space so the cover stays on and we use our Nuvi induction, electric skillet, convection oven and microwave.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:48 PM   #9

Foretravel Owners Club
Use all three (and the gas oven) nearly every morning

But then again I like my "perked" coffee pot,

Fry pan for eggs and a sauce/fry pan for gravy and oven for the biscuits..That's just for breakfast.
OR.... griddle (covers 2 back burners) for pancakes and fry pan for eggs..
Dinner have used all three and oven many many times....
Tonite... having baked halibut (gas oven), boiled taters (for "lumpy" mashed spuds), and coffee pot on the cooktop,and microwaving frozen mixed veggies in the microwave..
Then will make up a couple of "3-2-1" cakes with diced fruit topping for desert..

There is nothing that you can prepare and cook at your home "sticks & bricks" that you cannot prepare in your RV galley (if you have a full galley... if not then I'm sorry that you didn't insist on having one..)
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:06 PM   #10

Biscuits & Gravy,,,emmmm.
Well I started the tear down, I must say, working on a RV is much more tedious than working on a house. You got to be real careful not to affect an area you don't want touched.

Also ran the sample cabinet replacement down to the cabinet maker, then I had second thoughts. It is right near the retirement home my mom visited, and remembered they have a kick but shop. those old guys in there have some mad skills in there and would probably like a real job. Had to leave a note with my #.

Top cabinet is going to need interior walls to tuck away all the utilities. But discovered I can move/add a second 20 amp outlet to the kitchen that was dedicated to convection oven. Oven is right on top of electrical panel so it will be real easy to add another 20 amp breaker & outlet for convection oven.

All torn down now, now it is time to build it back up. Stainless sink stays, but has to come out for countertop replacement. Fold down counter will be 1/2 as long, but twice as wide for more efficient use of space.

If I need a 3rd burner, I still have the 2 butane stoves that usually stay outside.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:38 PM   #11

We have 15 ft of countertop so space isn't a concern. If we had a smaller countertop I can understand wanting to make the most of the countertop "real estate".

We use our cooktop and oven often. Usually 2 burners while using a cast iron grill that is 2 burners wide. If the area was any smaller I would worry about heat damage. I also use the gas oven and convection microwave at the same time. I did a whole chicken in the convection and peach cobbler in the gas oven.

We eat out rarely. I can whip just about anything and find eating out disappointing. It takes less time to cook than it does to get ready, drive to wherever, wait, order, wait some more, eat, wait some more and head back.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:52 PM   #12

That's an impressive project, good luck with it. I can't think of a time we've either used or needed all three burners. Would like to convert ours to a two burner stove top some day.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:11 PM   #13

Just came to mind, it was 97 degrees out today, and that Fleetwood Tioga kept 68 degrees all day with one 13K unit. The little Fleetwood, that is very well insulated.

To be fair tho, I did do some maintenance on the roof AC, I pulled down the cross supply duck to clean it and found a label on the top side. And I was like, who puts a label where it can never be read. Then it dawned on me, factory broke the 50/50 rule and installed it upside down. Was blocking 30% of air flow. Also silver taped every orifice closed in the Ducked roof main supply chamber but the ducks. Then carved the blunt foam to sharp directed edges. That AC is not working hard, it is singing with no restrictions, much quieter too.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:20 PM   #14

Well kitchen sink is out, got the oven box reframed 2 inches lower, and 2 deeper for Samsung Convection oven. Love my 2 step glue process, use the polly glue for the permanent bond, then use hot glue for the temporary bond. The 1 inch staples where possible. Had to build the entire thing by tape measure from the countertop as the rig is out of level.