Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2018, 09:33 PM   #29

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deprived View Post
We use all three once or twice a week. Is that a lot?
Not really.. we use all three and the oven 10 to 12+ times a week, if not more.
All 3 top + oven for breakfast (coffee pot, eggs, bacon & taters, oven for the biscuits)
and in the evening... oven for whatever (roasts,casseroles,baked goods) top for veggies,taters and the ever present perk coffee pot.

You bought the RV with the galley..USE IT!
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2018, 10:32 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
You bought the RV with the galley..USE IT!
Actually the 2 burner, can do twice the heat of the camp chef in BTU. The trick is having every part of the meal come out at the same time.

Samsung convection, Breville toaster, Breville Coffee, Sink/water, stove, spice rack, prep area. proper lighting, & 3- 20 amp dedicated circuits dog boned off 50 amp.

Countertop has gone to fabricator,Lamagination
Old 07-21-2018, 11:04 PM   #31

Foretravel Owners Club
I'll keep my perk coffee and not having to run the gen set @ 6am...which will wake SWMBO (and possibly the neighbors during enforced quiet time) up when dry camping.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:54 PM   #32

Ok, spice rack is framed out, 3 inches in the wall, 3 outside the wall with tempered glass shelf. 2 more lights added for a total of 5 LED puck lights. Both backsplash and countertop are dark colors that will soak up more light.

Backsplash choice

Old 08-07-2018, 09:22 PM   #33

Ok, going to finish, countertop is done, will pick up and install from the fabricator tomorrow. Cabinet guy says doors will be done by Friday. Samsung thermal cabinet fans are installed, Samsung convection is installed. Spice rack tempered glass & backdrop installed.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:22 PM   #34

Banging it out.

Stove gas line tripped me up for 2 hours trying to get the flair fitting to thread, then no gas anywhere!! Went out to tank, took adjustable wrench and gave the regulator a good "wrap" , listen,,,, "kaaa-tunk, it kicked in, why you little SOB.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:27 PM   #35

I was disappointed when we bought our 2014 Arctic Fox Camper and found out that it had a smaller oven than our 2002 Arctic Fox Camper had. But I didn’t give a thought as to how that would affect the burners. Until I made spaghetti one night. I found it impossible to simmer the sauce while boiling the noodles. The burners are just too close together. That sauce was very well done.
rv-ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:37 PM   #36

I don’t know if it’s the angle but have you checked to make sure the vent hood isn’t in your face when at the stove?
Old 08-09-2018, 09:44 PM   #37

This topic got me thinking about my 3 burner stove. I rarely use 2 at a time. I use 1 everyday and I'm plotting a plan to cover 2 burners for more counter space.
steve11669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:49 AM   #38

Nice work! I wish I was that talented to do projects like that!

In terms of burner use, it's probably pretty rare that that all three get used on our stove but the space is nice to have to be able to move pots and pans around. I view it no differently than a four burner stove at home or even chairs in a house or back seats of cars that rarely get used. They are nice to have when you need them!
MapleKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:27 PM   #39

Getting closer to finish, picked up cabinet doors from cabinet maker, $100 a door, outstanding work in future post. But,,, look at all this counterspace! Prep area, yea.

Next step is backsplash Aspect "Frosted Quartz"

In response to questions asked, the Air King range hood does block about 15% of vision to the stove. (6,1 tall here) But I'll trade that vision for an exhaust fan that is 10 times as powerful as stock @ 1/4 of the noise.
#2 burners are adjustable just like sticks & bricks, pull knob but use eyeglass screwdriver to adjust flame height. That said I would advise Ramblewood to take a page out of Samsung"s book and reverse the burners putting the big burner in the front and smaller burner against the wall.

That said, a hardy goodbye to the twist burner igniter knob a Tiffin walk through employee said I could not get rid of at any cost. Well,,, I got rid of it, and you can too. Tit,tit,tit,tit, phough, flame by electronic ignition.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:43 AM   #40

If your happy with it. I just wondered. Im 5' short. My challenge is seeing over the countertop.

The natural stone is nice. Im sure you have plans to seal it which is a good idea. Is the dark stone going to turn it into a black hole? Since you don't seem to cook in the kitchen much it may not be an issue. I didn't realize how much wall color affected being able to see what you are doing until we put dark pegboard in the barn. Ended up painting it white, made a huge difference even with a big overhead shop light right above.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:29 PM   #41

I remember when the rig was new, it had a twin tube fluorescent where the paper towel holder is now. And one of the standard switch lights over the sink. The current LED's are over three times as bright, so I believe the darker backsplash will not make much impact. But you bring up a good point about sealing it, as it is always about how to clean it.

Cabinet guy did a great job of mirroring the cabinet door, just need to stain it now.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:59 PM   #42

Very nice idea! The vent hood must be vented to the outside Im thinking. Did you cut the hole on the exterior wall?

If you already addressed that Im sorry but I missed it.
steve11669 is offline   Reply With Quote