Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #1

How to add a gas quick-connect

I want to add a quick connect to my trailer's gas system for plugging in a grill or fire pit etc. I have seen how to's around the internet but all have been cast iron lines which are easy pickins but my trailer has black plastic lines similar to pex for the gas lines and I have yet to find much info about cutting into thees or what types of connections to use. any tips will be appreciated
runamuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Google-ing LP plastic pipe brings up a lot of stuff!! Looks like Home Depot carry's some fittings. Many other sources out there.
2003 Excursion XLT V10 4:30 Axles
DualCam HP 450W Roof Solar/320W Portable
Tuquala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuquala View Post
Google-ing LP plastic pipe brings up a lot of stuff!! Looks like Home Depot carry's some fittings. Many other sources out there.

well the yellow home depot stuff is for burial underground as far as I can tell. the lines on my freedom express are black plastic of some kind with connections that look like the crimps used with pex. most returns I get when I google up propane gas tubing or pipe bring up premade rubber hose sections with propane tank fittings on the end..but thanx for the reply
Old 08-19-2019, 09:41 AM   #4

You might want to check out these folks, they seem to have some black gas piping.

Gas Distribution | High Density Polyethylene Pipe

Personally I don't trust the stuff, but then I'm old and know how to see if metal is deteriorating.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:50 AM   #5

Some of the residential gas piping has a black coating over it for fire protection. I think it is called Blazemaster and available in different sizes. Not sure how well protected the piping (tubing) is, but I would definitely have someone who works with the material do any quick connections. Do you have a local LP provider that can assist?
bixler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:54 AM   #6

thanx all for the help. I may just have to go down to the nearest rv dealer and talk to someone in the service dept. and see what they offer. was just hoping for DIY so dont have to hook up trailer and take it somewhere.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:05 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Check the MB Sturgis RV products

RV Propane Products
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:07 PM   #8

thanx. they do have some handy items. tejassmokers.com has all kinds of good stuff too.

Tags
gas