Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2017, 03:22 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
We've got a Samsung in the house and aside from the spoon full of water it dumps in your glass when you draw ice, I can find nothing but plusses - I Love it. (My solution is "Ladies First" and DW gets the Water )

Been thinking about a 24" residential in place of the 33" residential unit - as we really don't need to have that much stored in the Coach. (10 cf vs 18 cf) but not many have made that decision.

So right now the choice would be between a Samsung and a Frigidare - will let everyone know when we make the move.

JMHO,

Be aware of the depth of that 24" unit some are deeper than counter depth and may stick out further than you would like.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2017, 03:26 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhill View Post
I am getting ready to change out my Norcold for a residential fridge and it seems like the Samsung french door counter depth models are far and away the fridge of choice. Was looking at Samsung fridge reviews online and was surprised at the number of very bad reviews. Seems the ice maker is a big problem area for many, I don't use an ice maker and would rather not even have one installed.

How has YOUR Samsung worked out and if you could have a do-over, would you pick a different model? Thanks for your thoughts.

Where the reviews on the RF18 model or just the Samsung line in general?
Old 08-29-2017, 06:57 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Like Tony the Tiger says ITS GGRREEAATTT!!!!
markmiiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
daughter's home has a samsung double door fridge. the ice cubes always have a problem coming out. i took the tray out and found out the cubes were melted and stuck together. cleaned and put back. still the same to this date. does anyone know how to tackle it?
We have had the Samsung for a year now. Came with the house.

The ice maker worked great except when the kids and grandkids came for a few days and then a week.

On both occasions it froze up the ice maker. My thinking is that the humidity of opening the doors 100 times a day has a lot to do with it.

Does your daughters house have a lot of fridge traffic ?

We shut off the ice maker, pull the ice bucket out and slide trays of hot water under it. It melts the ice jam and gets it going again in a few hours.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:18 PM   #19

Foretravel Owners Club
Replaced a damnestic with a RF18 with ice maker inside ( "Not thru the door")
Went to Bend, OR for the Eclipse, 5 days of 100 deg dry camping ran genny 4 hours morning and 4 hours at nite.
Ice for the mixed drinks, beer was always cold and the Ice Cream stayed damn well FROZEN!
Wish now that I had converted years ago.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:12 PM   #20
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
We have had the Samsung for a year now. Came with the house.

The ice maker worked great except when the kids and grandkids came for a few days and then a week.

On both occasions it froze up the ice maker. My thinking is that the humidity of opening the doors 100 times a day has a lot to do with it.

Does your daughters house have a lot of fridge traffic ?

We shut off the ice maker, pull the ice bucket out and slide trays of hot water under it. It melts the ice jam and gets it going again in a few hours.
thanks. they don't have much traffic, just the couple with a grade kid. when we visited them, i saw that they rarely openned the freezer door. i also checked the temp inside the freezer, it was -10 deg, setting appeared right.

i did the melting/cleanning twice, on separate visits, the same results. i guess i'm at the wit's end .
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:22 AM   #21

3+ years still great. Best mod I have done.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge