Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #1

HWH leveling jacks

I have a 2003 Winnebago Journey DL, the leveling jacks worked fine yesterday,today they will not extend.I can hear a click at the solenoid but they will not go down. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Terry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #2

Sorry your having problems .
First thing , you need to check , is that power is passing through the solenoid to the pump motor. The solenoid on my system is mounted on top of the pump motor. With a helper working the control , check that when the solenoid clicks you get full battery voltage to the motor's power cable.
Welcome to HWH Corporation
Will have free down loads of users manuals for your system, with a trouble shooting guide. You just need your model numbers.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #3

I am going to check that this morning.Is there a separate fuse or breaker for the pump? I cant seem to find any breakers or fuses for the leveling system. I have checked all the fuse/breaker panels that I know of. Thanks
Old 09-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #4

My , HWH, system has a 40amp fuse inline , before the solenoid, and several 10 amp fuses in the control box , under the dash ( on my coach).
Control box , 3"X4"X8" aluminum case , with HWH decaling is attached to the control pad with a 6' long wiring harness, so if you don't see it under the dash , check nearby compartments.
System grounds , at the pump motor, reservoir area have been reported as problems too. All grounds for that section of the system are on a common ground stud, on my coach.
In another case , helping a friend , full voltage was getting to the motor , but the internal brush, ground plate was corroded, and required repair.
BTW. Some coaches have the levelers wired to the chassis battery, not the coach battery , check battery voltage, your no/op problem, could be an indication of low/dead battery.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #5

Update, I found the 40 amp inline at the pump, it was blown. First question was why? I installed new fuse and nothing, then tapped the pump mounted solenoid and it started working. after going through the tapping process a couple of times everything started working like it should.I believe the solenoid had stuck and ran until the pump got hot and blew the fuse.Glad the fuse did its job. I just don't understand how pump could keep running after panel is turned off? I will probably replace solenoid after we return from trip. Thanks to all that helped, this forum is great.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #6

Also I never did find my control box under dash.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #7

If the pump was trying to run, with none of the , hydraulic control solenoids open to supply the levelers with fluid pressure, the fuse would have blown when the motor could not overcome the pressure .
Although the pressure should by-pass at the hydraulic manifold.
I'm sure your coach's levelers will have the control box , so keep an eye open for it.
The paperwork, I have , does not provide a part number for the pump relay.
But always refers to it as a " relay pump " or " pump relay "
So if you phone HWH for a P/N , refer to the part as a relay.
I'll take a picture of my control box , and post it.

Tags
hwh, jacks, leveling, leveling jacks