Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2019, 07:12 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
HWH leveling jacks

HWH customer service. I called to ask a tech question. I found that I would be put in line for a return call that was 16 days out. Missed the call back etc. Anyone recommend a service that is familiar with the HWH systems. I tried a hydraulic repair service but although they could rebuild a jack they knew nothing about the system troubleshooting. My system is HWH 610 series. I understand the basic system but need some guidance deciding if my problem is with the jack, solenoid or other, Any recommendations
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2019, 07:25 PM   #2

Many will say to contact AZ Pete , a member here in the forums , who works for HWH.
His e mail and phone number are in other post on HWH issues ; I'll try and track down one.

But in the mean time , if you fully describe your problem , maybe a regular member can help.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:04 PM   #3

Through a google search you can find a list of repair shops. You can also search for the service manuals. If you need parts call

HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services

They answer the phone and if not will call back in a short reasonable amount of time if they don't but they have the parts in stock. They might even be able to help identify your problem.

HWH has absolutely the worst of the worst costumer service, if you can even call it that. To say they suck is an understatement. I'm going on day 3 waiting to order a part. U#B!
Old 09-16-2019, 08:12 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have you beat on the return call part. I called HWH in June and they returned my call in October. This happened a couple of years ago. Have not called them since.

The parts department would not let me even order a part until I talked to a technical person. I had the part number of what I needed.
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:51 AM   #5
Commercial Member

if you need a part, its faster to call stuarts rv parts in elkhart in.
1 800 826 6267,
they are retail sales center, and stock a lot of parts.
i wont make excuses for hwh, but i do put my email, and phone number on this website, as well as rv.net.
my phone is always on, please leave a message, and most importantly, your phone number. my cell service doesnt always capture the number.
i will return all calls with a message.
i already have a extended automobile warranty.
i work full time for hwh corp, and have worked on hwh jacks since 1973. i have been with hwh for 20 years.
i live in paulden arizona. i do not solicit part sales, or service work on this forum.
if i cant answer your question, i know someone that can
my cell number is 1 602 549 3638. my email is pfmaddox@att.net
its frustrating to see folks say they have been waiting for so long, just. to ask a. question. when im right here.
please feel free to call about problems.
paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkesselus View Post
Any recommendations
Start here, it is a good read. You might be surprised at what the mind can do!

HWH Service Manual

Stay cool
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:19 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Many will say to contact AZ Pete , a member here in the forums , who works for HWH.
His e mail and phone number are in other post on HWH issues ; I'll try and track down one.

But in the mean time , if you fully describe your problem , maybe a regular member can help.
Here is the story. About 2 years ago the left rear jack would not fully retract. I forced it up by airing up placing a block under the partically retracted jack and dumped the air and the jack was pushed back up. All worked good for about a year ( 5 or 6 trips). The there was a repeat of the no left rear jack retracing and I used the same procedure to get it up. I replaced the springs resulting in no help. Then on the next outing the left rear jack would not retract at all and the right rear jack would only retract part way. I managed to get them up by jacking the axle up and using the block procedure to push the left jack up. The right jack was easier to get up with the block air up and dump procedure. I got busy looking into as much as i could find and learned about the T release valve on each solenoid. Working here at home I found that releasing the valve on the left rear jack did nothing but releasing the valve on the right rear jack did allow the jack to retract on it own. I have studied the solenoid problems and know that they can be a source of trouble as well as the jack cylinder. So here I am not wanting to throw money at parts before I get some better advise. Going to a hydraulic repair shop has not been fruitful as they don't want to get into the computer leveling part controlling the solenoids. HWH is so overwhelmed with calls it just crazy trying to communicate with them. You would think that having the model number series number etc. you could get an answer but no way they want the paper sticker number that is on the jack tube. 20 year old paper on a metal part, give me a break. Thanks for any help. Richard
Old 09-17-2019, 02:24 PM   #8

I don't know why you are resisting calling Paul (azpete) - he works for HWH. He won't try to sell you anything - he has helped me and hundreds of others on this site. See post #5 for his contact info.

If you've already tried spraying the cylinder where it enters the jack with WD-40 and that didn't work, then my $.02 is that you need to get the jack rebuilt - the seals have hardened up. My jacks are doing this too and I will make an appt in Iowa to get them rebuilt, maybe next year.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:48 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
I don't know why you are resisting calling Paul (azpete) - he works for HWH. He won't try to sell you anything - he has helped me and hundreds of others on this site. See post #5 for his contact info.

If you've already tried spraying the cylinder where it enters the jack with WD-40 and that didn't work, then my $.02 is that you need to get the jack rebuilt - the seals have hardened up. My jacks are doing this too and I will make an appt in Iowa to get them rebuilt, maybe next year.
I am not resisting calling Paul I just got his number an will call when i click posts of this quote.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:42 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rkesselus

Paul has probably already taken care of you but thought I'd send this info along for future reference.

HWH lists Foretravel of Texas, Nacogdoches. Phone: 800-955-6226

Hope this helps - Richard
Old 09-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks to all. Paul (azpete) says it is the Jack so this is a done deal. Richard
Old 09-18-2019, 11:17 AM   #12

If HWH is over wehlmed with calls that has been a problem for over 7 years. I don't understand why people feel a need to defend a long history of terrible service. Rant over.

So the jack is bad. Is there a parts kit to rebuild it or does it have to be replaced? Can it be rebuilt, if so and if not rebuilt by the owner, I would think an independent shop would have to do? I can't imagine the months or years it would take to try and sent it to HWH for a rebuild.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpsycho View Post
If HWH is over wehlmed with calls that has been a problem for over 7 years. I don't understand why people feel a need to defend a long history of terrible service. Rant over.

So the jack is bad. Is there a parts kit to rebuild it or does it have to be replaced? Can it be rebuilt, if so and if not rebuilt by the owner, I would think an independent shop would have to do? I can't imagine the months or years it would take to try and sent it to HWH for a rebuild.
A buddy of mine had a local, established hydraulic shop rebuild a couple of his jacks - they never worked well again, started leaking, etc. Finally, he took all 4 of his jacks off, packed them up and shipped them to HWH (after getting in touch to get everything set up). A few weeks later they arrived back at his place, all 4 had been rebuilt and the bill was under $400 including shipping. From what I was told, HWH does not sell rebuild kits or the seals to anyone.

I shipped my 4 solenoids to HWH and got them back in a couple weeks, rebuilt, for less than 1 remanufactured one would cost.
Save yourself aggravation and send them to HWH and get it done right the first time.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
A buddy of mine had a local, established hydraulic shop rebuild a couple of his jacks - they never worked well again, started leaking, etc. Finally, he took all 4 of his jacks off, packed them up and shipped them to HWH (after getting in touch to get everything set up). A few weeks later they arrived back at his place, all 4 had been rebuilt and the bill was under $400 including shipping. From what I was told, HWH does not sell rebuild kits or the seals to anyone.

I shipped my 4 solenoids to HWH and got them back in a couple weeks, rebuilt, for less than 1 remanufactured one would cost.
Save yourself aggravation and send them to HWH and get it done right the first time.
Did you call and talk to someone first of just ship them off? Just wondering if you actually got a hold of someone. I have been waiting a week for a return call just to try and order a part. I found the part elsewhere but I m amazed at how they just ignor customers.
sandpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, jacks, leveling, leveling jacks