Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #1

Hydraulic Jack hoses for LCI

Hey ,
I just wanted to leave a thread about Hydraulic hoses. I have a 2018 Show Windsport and was getting ready to take a trip and all of a sudden fluid leaking everywhere . I thought it was the jack blown and took it so the dealer. What they found was the hose had blown on the retract hose (orange hose). They were going to order a hose but was not able to have it here before the trip.
So did some research an found the retact hose is under constant pressure and is very prone to blow . So I decided to replace the hose myself . The replacement was time consuming tracing the lines but not hard . I repacked the front 2 and took it to the hose guy . When they saw it they laughed . They stated this happens all the time . I bought 2 hoses rated at 6k pressure and 4 walls . Came back and the right worked smoother than before . I decided to replace all 4 as it will go later . Just takes time and if their is 2 people to help pull a lot easier . Just wanted to share .
nollvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2018, 07:12 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome. Thanks for sharing and feel free to share in the future. You have joined a group of great folks here
Job well done! Continue to enjoy the adventure.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:27 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here in the forum with us. You're gonna like it here.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:15 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:11 PM   #5

You are lucky to have found it when you did. Ours blew out while on the road.
There was a very loud bang under the floor, alarms began sounding with a flashing light saying that a jack was down and lots of smoke visable in the review mirror. Pull over to investigate and found that the hose over the trans had ruptured and was allowing one of the jacks to begin drooping.

Used some tie down straps to secure and moved to a safer location and waited for roadside to arrive. He had to get a new hose in town while we waited. Got it replaced and continued with our trip.

Once home I pulled all of the orange lines, took them to the local hydraulic suppy house had new 5k psi hoses made. Worked great for another 4 years until we sold the coach.
Manufacturer would only replace with new orange lines, so I had new made.
Threesticks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic