Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #1

ice maker 1200 norcold

need a whirlpool part number for my ice maker.
lacdubonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Is it not listed on the unit itself? Did yours croak?
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #3

yeah it croaked there is a number but only a norcold number and their ice maker is $400
apparently the residential whirl pool one will work and is $100

I had the number from a fellow rver and lost it
kicker is if I buy the wrong one they will not let me return it

thanks
lacdubonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #4

See my post here:

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Ice Maker Replacement - Norcold 1200
tkcas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Ice maker a and water solenoid

Used this business to get new parts. Like Don for you get to talk and get help right away.
Troubleshooting For Norcold Ice Makers

Just informed on a feature of 1200LRIM - press together temp setting and mode buttons for about 15 seconds maybe shorter. What one will see is 1_ on display at that point hit the mode button until 3 shows on the display. Wait a second the thermistor temperature will show on the display. To get back hold down the same 2 buttons again.
r cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacdubonnet View Post
need a whirlpool part number for my ice maker.
Most Lowe's stock a replacement ice maker that will fit in the Norcold. You may have to cut the plug off the old one and splice it onto the new one if the plug is different. Just match up the wire colors.

I also had to take the little plastic funnel that directs the water into the ice mold off the old ice maker and put it on the new one. The funnel for the Norcold is different because the ice maker sits in the freezer sideways. The funnel just snaps off.

paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
Most Lowe's stock a replacement ice maker that will fit in the Norcold. You may have to cut the plug off the old one and splice it onto the new one if the plug is different. Just match up the wire colors.

I also had to take the little plastic funnel that directs the water into the ice mold off the old ice maker and put it on the new one. The funnel for the Norcold is different because the ice maker sits in the freezer sideways. The funnel just snaps off.
That's what I had to do too.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:28 PM   #8

And all I had to do was remove and replace. See my post:

tkcas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkcas01 View Post
And all I had to do was remove and replace. See my post:

I bought the Model ECKMF94 Ice Maker Kit from Lowes ($99.00). First it has a bunch of stuff I don't need and the fill cup on the right side is designed for the fill tube to be from the right side rather than the back. The fill cup does not have the "U" shaped knock-out that the instructions say and the cup has a large hole on the right side for the fill tube.
Ralph A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:10 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
When I bought mine (last year) there were two versions at Lowe's. One was the $99 one and there was another one with nothing but the icemaker for $55. I used the info from a previous thread on this site and got the $55 one so I didn't have to buy and theow away the unnecessary parts. Installed it and it worked fine and still is. Do a search on here.
Good luck and safe travels!
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:44 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltoneMagoo View Post
When I bought mine (last year) there were two versions at Lowe's. One was the $99 one and there was another one with nothing but the icemaker for $55. I used the info from a previous thread on this site and got the $55 one so I didn't have to buy and theow away the unnecessary parts. Installed it and it worked fine and still is. Do a search on here.
Good luck and safe travels!
I returned the $99 kit back to Lowes and ordered a $60 (incl freight) Ice Maker replacement unit from Amazon that looks like it has the correct fill cup & no unnecessary parts. Our Lowes did not have the $55 replacement version.
Ralph A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold