Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndale View Post
The ARP is doing better then I thought it would. The fan comes on and moves the air pretty good. My wife has it set at 3 and the temp is -2 freezer and 35 fridge side. Not bad for a 13 yo unit.

Update on unit wife had to drop the switch to 2 and the temp is 12&36 degrees. Amazing how this upgrade works. And we have a inside fan and it stays off now.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2016, 09:39 AM   #16
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Update on unit wife had to drop the switch to 2 and the temp is 12&36 degrees. Amazing how this upgrade works. And we have a inside fan and it stays off now.

That's fantastic!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
That's fantastic!
Hey, get that unit installed! It's not doing any good in the box.
Make it a New Years resolution.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
install difficulty

To those of you who have already installed the ARP how difficult did you find it?

I am very handy and not shy to tackle new projecst and reasearch what needs to be done.

Some posters have said the instructions leave much to be desired and
ARP customer service is great to answer questions.

My noricold is roof vented and i have looked at the access under the vent for the second fan install.

ARP web site has so much information covering all their options it gets a bit confusing.

So please share with me and the forum what your install went like. TIA
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:46 AM   #19

For anyone looking at purchasing the ARP. I was discussing a fire suppression system on another thread and will be ordering one next week due to IRV2 members feedback and further investigation into the product. Discount available you just need to say you heard about it on IRV2 https://www.arprv.com/glamis-dunes-purchase.php
Old 12-04-2018, 01:54 PM   #20

All Absorption refrigerators should have this. It should be standard factory equip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott_head View Post
What year and models of Norcold benefit or need this device?

Our Norcold unit is brand new.
I just learned of this product a couple days ago. I wish I had known from the start. The age and model of your refer is irrelevant. All absorption refrigerators in RV's will suffer out of level conditions to one degree or another. Driving with it on guarantees it. Driving with it off is safest but not efficient for food storage.

So my first cooling unit failed after 4 years. During that time, we traveled over the rockies several times as well as other steep mountain ranges. This is likely why my fridge failed because going up or down long grades caused the unit to overheat by being out of level for 10, 20 or 30 minutes! Additionally, I live in Las Vegas and travel a bit in the Southwest. Spring and fall Temps in April and October can easily be 100+. I imagine this contributes to the unit running over temp quite a bit, shortening the appliance's lifespan. My fridge is in a slideout so it has side vents, further limiting cooling. so the extra blower fans are a must for me.

Fridge fires are a huge cause of RV fires and the number one cause of fridge failure is not being level. I am buying and installing this product ASAP.

Their web site is overwhelming with information and explanation of why absorption fridges fail. https://www.arprv.com/index.php
Old 12-04-2018, 05:27 PM   #21

American Coach Owners Club
There was a post asking about the complexity of installing the ARP.

I am of the same opinion as you have quoted.

Instructions were a bit confusing, but when I called Paul he gave me additional assistance and I got the unit installed.

I did it at the same time as I put in the Amish cooling unit -- both work great and have for about two years now.

thx Dale
Dale70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #22

Can you help me?

Quote:
The ARP is doing better then I thought it would. The fan comes on and moves the air pretty good. My wife has it set at 3 and the temp is -2 freezer and 35 fridge side. Not bad for a 13 yo unit.
My 1st trip out having the Defend and I can't get the unit to show me the fan set point. The manual shows to momentarily press the setup button to change the on/off setting for the fan. But the Fan setting picture next to the written directions shows pressing the display button. If you're still on IRV2, would you tell me how you changed the setting?
Thanks, kitty
jdandkity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:17 AM   #23

Call Paul

Reach out on their web site, Paul will call you back and walk you through. He’s great about that.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #24

I put in the ARP system and two of his fans before taking a 12K mile drive from Florida to Alaska and back. (Norcold 3150)
The only difficulty was in removing the refrigerator, but an old fashioned milk crate was the perfect “table” to slide the Norcold out of the mount and let me access the back to do that part of the ARP installation.
The web site software configuration instructions were very confusing, but the support was great, he directed me to some new link w/ instructions that my antique geezer brain could do.
I have no way to know how many times the ARP shut down the Norcold while driving in all those mountains, but the Norcold still works perfectly, so I’m happy.

https://flic.kr/p/2hU57Yd
winningbagel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, led, norcold