Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2018, 03:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Find the longest jumper and make them all that same length, if possible.

Add a few inches just so they are not tight and tugging on the battery posts.

Sent from my VS835 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app

I understand allowing slack, but why all the same length? Mine were professionally installed and the lengths vary depending on position.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
I understand allowing slack, but why all the same length? Mine were professionally installed and the lengths vary depending on position.
See post #12.

As long as the the cables are large enough, varrying lengths, within reason, won't make much difference.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:45 PM   #17
Community Moderator

It's being said that the best practice is to keep inter battery cables the same (length, size and material, except color).
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, house batteries, install