Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2016, 06:44 AM   #1

Intellitec Manual

Hello, does anyone have link for an Intellitec BCC model 00-00524-100?
It is obsolete and am trying to locate the manual...thank you
swagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2016, 01:15 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Take a look HERE

Also I have a copy of the 00-00362-100 BIRD GAS manual. It must be older than the one you want but might still be helpful. Hopefully it is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BIRD.pdf (105.0 KB, 245 views)
Old 01-17-2016, 05:09 PM   #3

Are you having an issue or just making sure you have the info?
theboss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:53 AM   #4

Angry drain on House and Chassis batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss1 View Post
Are you having an issue or just making sure you have the info?
Yes, I am. Hooked up to 50A Shore power, house and chassis batteries drop voltage below 11.5 or so after 4 days. Here is what I know:
1. All batteries were charged and load tested...good
2. Installed trik-l-start but house batteries have to be 13V first before it kicks in
3. Haven't found disconnect other than dash switch that is supposed to use house to start chassis if in trouble...doesn't work as house is too low
4. Installed battery disconnect on chassis battery and it is holding voltage when turned off. House continues to lose voltage
5. Unhooked output wires on converter...has 124V coming in and 14.4VDC going out.
6. When engine is running, Alternator is charging both house and chassis.
7. When I turn off shore power voltage doesn't change on house batteries.
8. When genset is turned on voltage doesn't change on house batteries so it appears it isn't charging.
9. Model # on BCC is Intelletic 00-00524-100 (obsolete)
10. I did find two solenoids behind circuit board but can't get to them with out removing circuit board and that doesn't appear too easy to do...
Can't get any assistance from Thor or intelletic. I have a 1999 Thor Residency 37'. I bought it last Summer and this problem started in November. I am in FL for month so trying to work on it while I'm here.
To say the least, I am perplexed and not an electrical engineer just enough to probably be dangerous...ha!
Old 01-18-2016, 04:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagn View Post
Yes, I am. Hooked up to 50A Shore power, house and chassis batteries drop voltage below 11.5 or so after 4 days. Here is what I know:
1. All batteries were charged and load tested...good
2. Installed trik-l-start but house batteries have to be 13V first before it kicks in
3. Haven't found disconnect other than dash switch that is supposed to use house to start chassis if in trouble...doesn't work as house is too low
4. Installed battery disconnect on chassis battery and it is holding voltage when turned off. House continues to lose voltage
5. Unhooked output wires on converter...has 124V coming in and 14.4VDC going out.
6. When engine is running, Alternator is charging both house and chassis.
7. When I turn off shore power voltage doesn't change on house batteries.
8. When genset is turned on voltage doesn't change on house batteries so it appears it isn't charging.
9. Model # on BCC is Intelletic 00-00524-100 (obsolete)
10. I did find two solenoids behind circuit board but can't get to them with out removing circuit board and that doesn't appear too easy to do...
Can't get any assistance from Thor or intelletic. I have a 1999 Thor Residency 37'. I bought it last Summer and this problem started in November. I am in FL for month so trying to work on it while I'm here.
To say the least, I am perplexed and not an electrical engineer just enough to probably be dangerous...ha!
I might add that when I checked batteries for the first time they were about 1 1/2 quarts of water low each (house batteries) 2-6 volt deep cycle...thought that was the culprit but it wasn't
Old 01-18-2016, 05:34 AM   #6

You need to concentrate on the converter output. That should be going to the house batteries directly.

The BIRD is working if it charges from the engine.

Think of it as 2 seperate systems that the BIRD cross connects.

The house batteries and converter is one. The alternator and start battery is the other.

Since you say you have output from the converter, it is working but not making it to the house bank. Follow that wire !

There should be a fuse or breaker near the batteries that protects the wire run back to the converter. It could be bad or open.

Look around for a disconnected wire near the batteries. Sometimes the ends break off.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
You need to concentrate on the converter output. That should be going to the house batteries directly.

The house batteries and converter is one. The alternator and start battery is the other.

Since you say you have output from the converter, it is working but not making it to the house bank. Follow that wire !

There should be a fuse or breaker near the batteries that protects the wire run back to the converter. It could be bad or open.

Look around for a disconnected wire near the batteries. Sometimes the ends break off.
Thank you, that makes sense. I will check that out today as soon as it gets over 50!!! Too chilly for Port Richey this time of year!
Old 01-18-2016, 06:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Thank you, that makes sense. I will check that out today as soon as it gets over 50!!! Too chilly for Port Richey this time of year!
Sure is, in in the middle Keys with the heat on
Old 01-19-2016, 04:33 AM   #9

Quote:

One thing that throws me off, is everyone talks about switches inside coach or by battery. I have yet to find a switch except the dash mounted switch for emergency start. Don't they ALL have a switching mechanism that is manual?
Old 01-19-2016, 04:37 AM   #10

Quote:
One thing that throws me off, is everyone talks about switches inside coach or by battery. I have yet to find a switch except the dash mounted switch for emergency start. Don't they ALL have a switching mechanism that is manual?
You mentioned breaker or fuse near battery. Could it be inside the BCC? I haven;t found one yet
Old 01-19-2016, 06:06 AM   #11

They sometimes look like this.

My 2000, Class C MH has 2 or 3 near the house battery and 1 under the hood.
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
There is often a battery disconnect switch in the step well. It is usually a center off momentary rocker switch. It usually disconnects the house battery/batteries from everything. When disconnected the house battery will not be charged from the converter or the alternator.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:44 AM   #13

My MH has one of like this too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1453225472728.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	116843  
Old 01-20-2016, 02:56 PM   #14

Quote:

Here is update as of now: I did get Intelletic 524 manual. I found the two circuit breakers and reset them...my voltage went up to 12.55 right away. Next AM it dropped to 11.27 on aux battery hooked up to shore power. I installed a battery disconnect Monday and battery voltage (off) is holding at 12.3-12.5 volts. My troubleshooting chart said to ck J1-5 for voltage (it is the isolator relay hot) both the hot and ground wires have been cut by previous owner. When I start up engine both battery banks are charging at 13.5 +...any thoughts? Is that same relay as bi-directional relay?

Tags
intellitec, manual