Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2016, 03:50 PM   #15

My wife and I live full-time in the Keystone Raptor 422SP we bought from Camping World of Harrisburg PA during the 2015 Hershey Park RV show. We were so excited to have a full-unit control system with an iPad app! The ability to control everything from anywhere was enticing!

Of course, reality is quite different. If this thing worked as advertised, it would be awesome. I don't know if the issues are with the Jensen/ASA InCommand unit DC/BCM itself or with the peripheral components within the trailer.

In any case, we have had the same issues described in this thread. Sometimes (rarely) it disconnects from the BCM. Sometimes (more frequently) the controls for lights light up when pressed - but the actual LED in the trailer does not come on. Most frustrating of all is that the tank level indicators are bogus.

At first we had premature full indications. The black tank would quickly indicate 1/3 full within a day or two - then 2/3 full and completely full within just 3 or 4 days. We could continue to use it for the rest of a week - so clearly it is not really full. I just got into the habit of ignoring the indicators and flushing the tanks once a week.

We took it back recently to have this tank level indication fixed. They replaced tank sensors and harness, then said it wasn't working at all. They replaced the harness again, and then said it was working OK. We are camping on the Delaware eastern shore currently - and the tanks read empty all the time now, regardless of what the actual level is. Great work, Camping World! They can't possibly test their work.

I wrote to ASA some time ago to ask about firmware update. They gave me the engineering passcode - but I can't find it now! I wanted to examine the tank bias resistance values in the setup menu. I am wondering if this is set incorrectly now that Camping World has messed with it.

I think I will call ASA and see if they can help me troubleshoot this - because Camping World will never fix it right.

We need a users group to discuss this system!
Jim_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2016, 04:50 AM   #16

Follow-up: excellent customer service from ASA electronics. They genuinely care their product isn't working. Hopefully getting fixed this week. I'd rather it not fail, but they are backing their warranty at least.
Tbfoxrdms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:06 AM   #17

New BCM installed. Everything works fine. Hopeful it stays that way. Thanks to ASA and Chew's RV Service for getting it done fast.
Tbfoxrdms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 05:00 PM   #18

Unhappy In command issue

2017 Keystone Fuzion
I went to prep my rig tonight and plugged into power after being disconnected for about 6 weeks. Reconnect power and noticed the in command screen was blank but on, just a dull blank screen. I have had the system freeze twice so far since owning (about 6 months). But this time the BC "screen" comes on but is bright white after "rebooting" ( pressing power and holding to turn off, then turn back on)... nothing. The BCM indicator light inside the main panel says it's connected but nothing. I have a trip planned in less then a week. This is not what I wanted to have happen.

Anybody been successful in resetting the system to bring life back?

Any help would be helpful. This is not what I expected from such a high $ unit. Although electrionics are flakey at times and I should have known.
wherecan1hid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:25 AM   #19
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherecan1hid View Post
2017 Keystone Fuzion
I went to prep my rig tonight and plugged into power after being disconnected for about 6 weeks. Reconnect power and noticed the in command screen was blank but on, just a dull blank screen. I have had the system freeze twice so far since owning (about 6 months). But this time the BC "screen" comes on but is bright white after "rebooting" ( pressing power and holding to turn off, then turn back on)... nothing. The BCM indicator light inside the main panel says it's connected but nothing. I have a trip planned in less then a week. This is not what I wanted to have happen.

Anybody been successful in resetting the system to bring life back?

Any help would be helpful. This is not what I expected from such a high $ unit. Although electrionics are flakey at times and I should have known.
Hi wherecan1hid,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this with your unit. Please verify you have a stable +12V to the system. Low-voltage can cause various electronics to behave abnormally.

If the voltage is at least +12V, give us a call for further assistance. Please have all of your coach information ready when you call (model/floor plan/date of purchase/etc.). It is ideal to call while at your coach if at all possible so the technicians can walk you through any further troubleshooting steps.

Our technicians can be reached on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM till 6:00 PM EDT.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:24 PM   #20

In-command code
I am on my second in-command. we just picked up our Raptor from camping world where it has been for 3 months. They put a new in-command in as 2 months ago when we tried to pick it up it was black.
NOW today we plug it in and it says "OVERPRIME FAULT" anyone know how to fix this?
Thank in advance,
Darryl
no1pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:55 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1pooch View Post
In-command code
I am on my second in-command. we just picked up our Raptor from camping world where it has been for 3 months. They put a new in-command in as 2 months ago when we tried to pick it up it was black.
NOW today we plug it in and it says "OVERPRIME FAULT" anyone know how to fix this?
Thank in advance,
Darryl
Hello and We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy our website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.

Try calling River Park at (574) 522-7781
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:27 AM   #22
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1pooch View Post
In-command code
Thank in advance,
Darryl
Hi Darryl,

This is the result of how the generator is connected. The generator prime uses a Ground signal trigger. When the coach battery disconnect is switched to OFF, the iN-Command rests at Ground. If the generator’s power is not also connected to the coach battery disconnect, it will see the rested Ground signal as a “prime” trigger command. You can avoid seeing this by moving the generator power wire to the coach battery disconnect. However, it will not cause any issues to just press “Dismiss” on the iN-Command display when you see the “Overprime fault” message.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:06 AM   #23

Travel mode

I recently purchased a 2017 Dutchman Coleman light 2405BH. The system is in "Travel Mode" and will not allow slide out & awning operation. The system has plenty of DC voltage & of coarse it has plenty of AC as well. I have rebooted the system by shutting it down with the power button. As well as removing the AC & DC power. Any suggestions on what the next step may be?
robertb38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello and We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy our website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.

Contact River Park Electronics at 1-800-442-7717 for help.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:14 PM   #25

While I have been out of the aftermarket car stereo world for a while Jensen was never consider even a good brand.

Jensen was considered a bottom of the barrel brand. Unless they are doing something different in the RV world it makes me cringe seeing them in high end RV's...........

With so many other products in similar price range that actually work and have hire functionality I can't see why theses are in there. I also feel the same about the "intilink" system in my new Chevy. If it actually worked it would be nice, but it can not understand voice commands and is missing tons of information. My cell phone is 100x better.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:18 PM   #26
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertb38 View Post
I recently purchased a 2017 Dutchman Coleman light 2405BH. The system is in "Travel Mode" and will not allow slide out & awning operation. The system has plenty of DC voltage & of coarse it has plenty of AC as well. I have rebooted the system by shutting it down with the power button. As well as removing the AC & DC power. Any suggestions on what the next step may be?
The Travel Lock is engaged by the connection to the tow-vehicle and the brake pedal. Once the brake is depressed, the signal engages the Travel Lock feature. Once you are at the campsite, you would disconnect the connection from the tow-vehicle, which will cease sending the signal to the iN-Command unit. At that point, the display commander will change from "Travel Lock" to "UNLOCK". Press the "UNLOCK" icon and the system will be ready to use.

If you need further assistance, please give us a call. Our technicians can be reached on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM till 6:00 PM EDT.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:29 AM   #27

Thanks for the response. The unit had been unplugged from the truck for a few days. I have since reset the system and it has unlocked. Thanks to the tech support guys we are back up and running again
robertb38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:25 PM   #28

New to forum and a new 2016 Keystone Raptor and just experienced the blackout of the system. I lost communication with the BCM and touchscreen. No tank levels (which suck already, not even day 1 in weekend trip and 1/3 black full? Wtf), zero hours on gen, etc.
Was boondocking so no idea what I did to generate the disconnect. Had 12v power, red and blue light on panel in basement, and the manual light switches worked still. But couldn't turn off gen, water pump, lights, etc. Did a hard reset of touch screen
....not fixed. Had to manually turn off gen, disconnected battery switch and wait a few.
I did notice that two of my relays on board were really warm, almost hot to touch.

I like the technology put into the system, but please install a manual panel for ALL of the functions incase the gremlins popup at 10pm on weekends when tech is not available.
HomeyHD is offline   Reply With Quote