Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2019, 07:48 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Macerator System Hose Needed

I have a macerator system permantly mounted in my motorhome. The 3" hose that connects the pump to the dump valve needs replacing. I would like to replace it with something similar to what is there, which is much heavier than the usual(example: CAMCO) RV 3" sewer hose that we all know and love! But, alas, I cannot find any heavier sewer hose.

If anyone has replaced this hose, what type did you use ?

Thanks,eh?

Brad
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2019, 08:16 AM   #2

Boat exhaust hose comes in 3" and will hold up forever. It can be bent but not very sharply.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:27 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Macerator System Hose Needed

I would suggest going with the heaviest gauge highest quality sewer hose that is on the market. For your application it will be stationary and not seeing the abuse of regular hooking up and bending so It will far outlive your use.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:06 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by draboo View Post
I have a macerator system permantly mounted in my motorhome. The 3" hose that connects the pump to the dump valve needs replacing. I would like to replace it with something similar to what is there, which is much heavier than the usual(example: CAMCO) RV 3" sewer hose that we all know and love! But, alas, I cannot find any heavier sewer hose.
Brad
I'd like to pro-actively replace mine before you know what happens.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:19 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
https://www.amazon.com/THETFORD-7042.../dp/B01DQBTDX4

There is also a Rubber Band gasket which seals the hose better than without.

Scroll down, different hose lengths available: https://pdxrvwholesale.com/p/thetford-parts-view
Old 05-25-2019, 04:44 PM   #6

I went and installed a whole new pump. I cut off a length of hose from a length of regular discharge hose. Both end connections leak. I know how to remedy the end that connects to the clear twist connector. But I cannot figure how to remedy the leak where the hose connects over the end of the pump itself. It is a very tight fit,so I can't see how to use any sort of sealant. I'm thinking of wrapping some electrical tape around the end of the pump,gradually increasing the thickness as I go and maybe I'd be able to slide the hose over the tape and that may increase the sealing capability.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Brad
Old 05-26-2019, 06:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
https://www.amazon.com/THETFORD-7042.../dp/B01DQBTDX4

There is also a Rubber Band gasket which seals the hose better than without.

Scroll down, different hose lengths available: https://pdxrvwholesale.com/p/thetford-parts-view

I bit the bullet and ordered a 35" hose with the gaskets. Thank you for your help.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:26 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Our oem permeable 3" hose had a pinhole leak NOT discovered until....
glad I had the habit of doing grey before black !!!!!

I used shoe glue to seal it until we got home, but have never been able to get new hose to seal properly, even with using rubber rings between plastic connections and hose with worm clamp over it...

Any good ideas ? I mean the old stinky slinky works faster, but ....
Old 05-26-2019, 02:42 PM   #9

If it's similar to this you may be able to order just the hose.
RV Macerator Pump & RV Waste Disposal Accessories
Old 05-29-2019, 12:54 PM   #10

I installed the 36 inch hose from Thetford. It is the same type that originally came with the unit, but seems just a tad larger in diameter. I also purchased two high end clamps from NAPA at 10 bucks each. I used the rubber band-like gaskets and cranked every thing tight. We are good to go! No leaks after dumping both grey and black tanks!

And now I have an spare macerator.

Thanks for the help,eh?

Brad
Old 05-30-2019, 05:59 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I used the rubber band-like gaskets and cranked every thing tight.
What was the part number for those rubber bands? I could use some.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
What was the part number for those rubber bands? I could use some.

There is no separate part number for those rubber bands. They come with the hose.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:39 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
There is no separate part number for those rubber bands. They come with the hose.
Good to know, Thanks!
Old 05-31-2019, 03:22 PM   #14

I used a few wraps of self sealing silicone fusing tape, sometimes called Rescue Tape. Worked great and available at the box stores.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace