Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2015, 12:15 PM   #1

Angry Motor home from hell

Now our washer is not working it took 2 hrs to do small load like 2towels. We have a 2006 Travel Supreme Select with so many things happening we are afraid to go very far. Someone please tell me what to do about washer thank you
Jacque A is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to irv2. I've moved your post here to try and get you some assistance. If you could explain a little more of what's happening and what make your washer is , it would be helpful. Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:22 PM   #3

Wash and dry on reg 2 hours doesn't sound bad I have mine on 90 minute dry cycle to dry towels.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:24 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds normal as ours does the same thing.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:48 PM   #5

Jacque A, as others have said, it sounds normal.

Remember, as with your home washer, the wash cycle can be adjusted to the type of wash you are doing with some cycles taking less time than others. Wash cycles with a Splendide combo typically take a similar amount of time as your home washer. However, it's the dry cycle that will take considerably longer as the voltage is quite a bit less than a home dryer. Especially if you're drying towels, it's going to take a long time. What we do is to let them go through the dry cycle for awhile and then take them out when they're still damp and air dry them (assuming that you don't need them right away).

The Splendide website has a lot of information as well as your owner documents ...if you have them. If not, you can download them here: CLICK

Here is a good FAQ from the Splendide website that may or may not help you: CLICK

theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:28 AM   #6

One BIG issue with the washer/dryer is lint! If it's a used Washer, pull the unit and replace both vent hose and water lines. You would not believe the lint I dug out of that washer. Also had to pull a ton of lint out of runner boot between rear panel and drum.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
One BIG issue with the washer/dryer is lint! If it's a used Washer, pull the unit and replace both vent hose and water lines. You would not believe the lint I dug out of that washer. Also had to pull a ton of lint out of runner boot between rear panel and drum.
Excellent suggestion that should always be kept in mind with these units.

Attached below is the procedure that I keep in my files for reference purposes if it will help the OP. It's from Splendide’s Technical operation, Westland Sales.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Splendide Cleaning Lint Procedure.pdf (14.8 KB, 43 views)
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote