Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #1

Mounting Shower holder on side of RV

I have a 2008 Cikira Classic Cruiser 18fb. It has the outside shower, but I want to mount a shower head holder on the outside of my RV above the shower at head height. The side is fiberglass. How do I find a stud or can I just drill and mount it to the siding and caulk around it so it doen't leak.
Thanks
jerryez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome jerryez to irv2.
From what I have found on your trailer the side walls are solid fiberglass. If the shower head attachment is plastic a couple of screws with plastic anchors should be able to hold it to side wall. A bonding sealant may seal and hold it even better.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:38 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Now I aint tryin to be no 'smart alex' but here are some words to the wise.
One. You better figure out how to put a shower curtain up also or your are gonna get a lot of people ''pointin' and laughin' ''
Two.. You better get yourself a number 3 wash tub to stand in while you are showerin' because the ground is gonna get soggie from the water.
Three... Put your soap in a sock so you wont drop it cause when you lean over to pick it up.......well, you see my point I hope........

Of course, thats just my openion ......lol...
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
Now I aint tryin to be no 'smart alex' but here are some words to the wise.
One. You better figure out how to put a shower curtain up also or your are gonna get a lot of people ''pointin' and laughin' ''
Two.. You better get yourself a number 3 wash tub to stand in while you are showerin' because the ground is gonna get soggie from the water.
Three... Put your soap in a sock so you wont drop it cause when you lean over to pick it up.......well, you see my point I hope........

Of course, thats just my openion ......lol...
1.We had one on previous campers and most people watching are envious.
2. A piece of astro turf works great.
3. No response needed.

"007" thanks for the suggestions. I believe sealant without any holes might be the best way to go. The shower head isn't that heavy.
jerryez is offline   Reply With Quote