Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2017, 07:15 PM   #1

Need to replace the rubber washer and screen

Hi, i need to replace the rubber washer and screen in my potable water inlet. Do i have to buy the whole thing or can i just get the washer and screen?
Attached Images

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HD cooling
Durango Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2017, 08:11 PM   #2

Take the unit to a hardware store and maybe in the faucet repair area might be something that'll work
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:01 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Walmart has them in their RV section. I'm sure camping world will have them also.
RV Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Carl View Post
Walmart has them in their RV section. I'm sure camping world will have them also.
Thanks this looks like them but my screen is flat but if it fits its perfect.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-1-W...-Pack/14504296
Old 08-18-2017, 11:08 PM   #5

Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Lowes, Tractor Supply etc.

They are nothing 'special'.....just a garden hose washer with built in screen

Our place has 'irrigation water' straight out of river. Use that water for yard/trees etc

I put one of those screen washers in every sprinkler, lawn watering device, sprayers etc.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:28 PM   #6

OK thanks i didnt realize it was the same size washer as a water hose, the washer that was in there fell apart in many pieces when i overfilled the tank.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:32 AM   #7

Install one like this and quit putting rain and wash water in your fresh tank. RV trailer marine GRAVITY WATER FILL hatch w/ lock NEW | eBay
lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnmor View Post
Install one like this and quit putting rain and wash water in your fresh tank. RV trailer marine GRAVITY WATER FILL hatch w/ lock NEW | eBay
I dont put rain and wash water in my fresh water tank, not sure where you got that from

But i did find a washer i had extra from my water hose i bought and it fits perfectly, thanks
Old 08-19-2017, 06:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dave View Post
I dont put rain and wash water in my fresh water tank, not sure where you got that from

But i did find a washer i had extra from my water hose i bought and it fits perfectly, thanks

Of course you do, where do you think anything that goes by that screen ends up?
Old 08-19-2017, 06:48 PM   #10

The picture shows a fill valve that is not mounted. The rubber portion that he is talking about appears to be the overflow vent. You can replace The whole unit or probably come up with a fix to add a small vent screen. Probably just easier to replace it.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Of course you do, where do you think anything that goes by that screen ends up?
Ahhhaaaa i didnt think about that... but i looked at it and its quite inset into the cover (upper left, rotate the one in the pic, thats how mine is positioned) so i dont think any runoff will get to it, also the screen and hole is so small i dont think any runoff will go in there. Now rain maybe, if its blowing that way but i have my awening out most of the time and im not traveling right now so that should keep that from happening. If i happen to put my awening up in a big storm ill just toss a piece of tape on there to be sure.

@harley i already have the screen, its a bit rusted but it will do until i find another one.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dave View Post
Ahhhaaaa i didnt think about that... but i looked at it and its quite inset into the cover (upper left, rotate the one in the pic, thats how mine is positioned) so i dont think any runoff will get to it, also the screen and hole is so small i dont think any runoff will go in there. Now rain maybe, if its blowing that way but i have my awening out most of the time and im not traveling right now so that should keep that from happening. If i happen to put my awening up in a big storm ill just toss a piece of tape on there to be sure.

@harley i already have the screen, its a bit rusted but it will do until i find another one.
Of course the vent is open 24/7/365 and collects dust or whatever. When washing with a hose, a direct blast will go right in. Driving at interstate speeds while raining will collect anything on the road, partially decomposed roadkill adds flavor.

I don't know how this design was allowed to be used on a potable water system.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:30 AM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Of course the vent is open 24/7/365 and collects dust or whatever. When washing with a hose, a direct blast will go right in. Driving at interstate speeds while raining will collect anything on the road, partially decomposed roadkill adds flavor.

I don't know how this design was allowed to be used on a potable water system.
My Dutchstar has a locking cover over tank filler. Hard for anything to get in except for a lock picking mouse [emoji1]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Lowes, Tractor Supply etc.

They are nothing 'special'.....just a garden hose washer with built in screen

Our place has 'irrigation water' straight out of river. Use that water for yard/trees etc

I put one of those screen washers in every sprinkler, lawn watering device, sprayers etc.
Quote:
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, scr