Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2017, 10:06 AM   #15

Update...

This is a VERY long process!!! I assumed we would be into our new trailer within a couple days of getting the loan approved, but at this point, it looks like it will take us close to a MONTH!

Financing company is scheduling an inspection, then I think that is the last step.
scottandanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2017, 04:50 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
New to RV washers and dryers. Basic info, and good models?

We, too, use a Splendide 2100XC (vented combo). Ours was in the coach when we bought it and commenced fulltiming 5 years ago, and has served us reliably and well. Whichever way you go, vented is very important, combo or separate is your choice, and Splendide is highly recommended. Splendide's US distributor is Westland Sales. Their tech support and customer service are outstanding.

One point you have not specified and no one has as yet queried is the type of usage. You made one passing comment about living in an RV, but that could be interpreted either way. Question: will this be full time living, camping trips, snowbirding? I only ask because it could make a difference in your decision analysis. The stackable units are no doubt a closer approximation of a home laundry, but do occupy twice the volume of space. For Fulltimers, interior space is a valuable commodity, and that separate dryer will occupy 10cf that could well be used for other things. Just food for thought.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 04:53 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I also have the Ariston stacked washer dryers, but my dryer is a 240 volt. To run it I have to run the generator and be on a 50 amp shore power. I consider that to be a disadvantage but it is supposed to dry quicker than the 120 units. I have no way of knowing since the late DW and I bought the unit in 2015 but the engine rebuild, her poor health and subsequent death kept us from using it.
Should be "or"
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:30 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
We, too, use a Splendide 2100XC (vented combo). Ours was in the coach when we bought it and commenced fulltiming 5 years ago, and has served us reliably and well. Whichever way you go, vented is very important, combo or separate is your choice, and Splendide is highly recommended. Splendide's US distributor is Westland Sales. Their tech support and customer service are outstanding.

One point you have not specified and no one has as yet queried is the type of usage. You made one passing comment about living in an RV, but that could be interpreted either way. Question: will this be full time living, camping trips, snowbirding? I only ask because it could make a difference in your decision analysis. The stackable units are no doubt a closer approximation of a home laundry, but do occupy twice the volume of space. For Fulltimers, interior space is a valuable commodity, and that separate dryer will occupy 10cf that could well be used for other things. Just food for thought.
Full time, for at least the next 3-5 years, maybe longer. Getting tired of looking for a quarter machine, and walking our clothes down the hill to the laundry facilities. We would much rather do small loads daily or every other day, and also have a dryer to de-wrinkle some of our clothes in the mornings.

Got the financing squared away on the 5er, but it is taking us a bit longer to get the paperwork done so we can move in and set up a washer and dryer. So we still have a couple weeks to research which setup we want to purchase for the house.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #19

New to RV washers and dryers. Basic info, and good models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottandanna View Post
Full time, for at least the next 3-5 years, maybe longer. Getting tired of looking for a quarter machine, and walking our clothes down the hill to the laundry facilities. We would much rather do small loads daily or every other day, and also have a dryer to de-wrinkle some of our clothes in the mornings.

Got the financing squared away on the 5er, but it is taking us a bit longer to get the paperwork done so we can move in and set up a washer and dryer. So we still have a couple weeks to research which setup we want to purchase for the house.

Full time for over ten years with a 2100 combo Splendide. I can't understand the negative comments about these combo units. If ours ever dies, it will be replaced with another combo. My wife & I do laundry to live, we don't live to do laundry. Yes the stackables have perhaps 25% more capacity than the combo but so what. Doing laundry for 2 adults should not be a major undertaking. The dryer may work marginally quicker than a combo because of the relatively larger drum but it's not going to be more than 10-15 minutes per load. Unless you take the major step of up grading the dryer to 240 vac, they are powered by the same 120 power.

Yes, the stackable units more closely resemble residential units. So what.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:01 PM   #20

Ended up with a Haier from Lowes, not vented.

A little finicky at first, but I have figured it out and worked out the kinks, and works just fine now.

Initially, everything came out a wrinkled mess, but dry. You have to set it to Extra dry to get it to actually dry, and it works best with just a couple pieces of clothes in it during the dry mode. I do my jeans by themselves, otherwise they wrinkle up into a mess. But, if I do them alone or with only one or two other small items, then remove immediately when it dings, they are pretty nice.

Washes great, very quiet, and spins like CRAZY so there is very little moisture left in the clothes after the final spin.

My wife wears lots of stuff that cannot be dried, so I put the entire load in, run wash only, then pull her stuff out and that leaves just enough to dry efficiently.

Downside...takes a while to dry. When I set it to dry, it says it will take 3 hours 30 minutes. But a full dry load usually completes in an hour or so if set to auto dry. When I do my jeans alone, they are dry in about 30-45 minutes.

So, overall, very happy with it after I figured out the idiosyncrasies involved with this model.