Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2016, 06:18 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
No Co Norcold

Hi All My Norcold 1200 has the No Co code while plugged in to shore power. I researched this wonderful forum and did the reset on the board. It wont get cold and now I am getting the red light on the recall box. I reset that and the red light is back. Any thoughts besides replacing fridge? I am looking to trade it
Thanks Randy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2016, 08:49 PM   #2

The red light means the box sensed an over-temperature condition and shut down the frig to prevent a fire, now twice. Do NOT attempt to reset it again, or next time you may actually have a fire that destroys your MH.
You have 3 choices, replace the cooling unit, replace the frig, or install a residential frig.
If you have an extended service contract, they will replace the frig with a similar model, or with a residential frig-but if it fails they may not honor any further frig claims. The reason_ they will only replace what was installed in the coach when built.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:22 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
The red light comes on and shuts it down before the unit even heats up. Just for testing purposes only, I bypassed the box and unit did fire up. I shut it down after a couple of minutes because I don't want to do any damage. The red light was not on before I reset the board it only came on after the reset
Old 07-07-2016, 09:48 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Since it is showing overheat even as soon as it's turned on, then it sounds like the temperature probe has shorted out. There is possibly nothing wrong with your cooling unit, but the recall box definitely needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, Norcold will not ship it to you. They will only send it to an authorized service tech who has to check your unit before installation. The tech will also need to check out the control board to make sure there are no issues with it. Another option is the ARP unit that functions as an overheat protection for the boiler. I had planned to install on on my Norcold, but traded it off first.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:08 PM   #5

Randy: thanks for asking the question as I was just getting ready to ask the same question ... The MH I recently purchased with the Norcold 1200 had the cooling unit replaced last January ... I don't see a recall box you are referring to on the backside of the fridge. I also have the "no co" code that developed this past weekend, but several thousand miles away from where the cooling unit work was replaced. Should I have the "recall box" installed if I have a new cooling unit? Haven't had a chance to reset the unit yet per these instructions ... https://www.arprv.com/no-co-norcold.php ... so now curious if it wise to do so. Was planning on using compressed air to blow out the backside and flue to make sure there wasn't some obstruction that caused it to stop cooling. Thanks ...
Milehghcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpardee View Post
The red light comes on and shuts it down before the unit even heats up. Just for testing purposes only, I bypassed the box and unit did fire up. I shut it down after a couple of minutes because I don't want to do any damage. The red light was not on before I reset the board it only came on after the reset
Thanks for explaining the details. Had I known, my answer would have been quite different.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Thanks for explaining the details. Had I known, my answer would have been quite different.
Thanks Ray, My second post was the next day or I would had more details

Lt DanIs the temperature probe the thermistor?
Thanks
Randy

Tags
norcold