Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #1

No EMS or 110

My MH has the Intellitec 50 amp Smart Energy Management System. All worked fine while on a trip a short time ago. Now, sitting in my driveway, I noticed that the EMS display panel was not lit up. I was plugged into a 20a breaker to maintain batteries. The MH also has a Zantrex Freedom 458 inverter.
I disconnected power and started the generator to see if I would get display. Again nothing on the EMS.
AC's do not work. I do here a click in the ceiling when I turn them on but they will not run, fan only will not run either.
At the Transfer Switch, I have 120v on each line for the Gen. I also see a green indicator light on a board that indicates operational.
At the breaker box I have 120v on each leg of the 50a breaker.
The AC relays located next to the breakers have 120v at each breaker location (CB 1-4). There is no power on the relay side of 1-4, even if I try to start the AC's.
Any advice on the next couple of troubleshooting steps would be appreciated.
JHSJMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I did not see that you set your EMS aside and plugged into shore power direct. Is that possible..... or is your EMS hard wired?
Old 08-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #3

Are the AC's the only thing not working,do the outlets and microwave work?
Old 08-12-2014, 06:19 PM   #4

Not able to isolate the EMS. It is hard wired within the breaker box.
I will check all other 110 outlets and appliances.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:07 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I had a similar problem. I disconnected from shore power and switched off the Battery Main and Battery Aux. After a while I switched on the batteries and reconnect shore power and the EMS system reset and has functioned correctly since.

Hope this helps, it worked for me.
LEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #6

With a little more troubleshooting this is what I know.
All 110 items that are controlled by the EMS ( AC's, Water htr, Washer) do not work. All other 110 works.
Transfer switch appears to work fine. When plugged in I get 110 at power outlet and panel side. When running the generator I get 110 on the gen and panel side.

At the EMS breaker panel. I have 110 at each breaker and on the breaker side of the EMS relays.

On the circuit board, I am getting 12v at the power plug (J2). The 3amp fuse is fine.

I fear that my problem is the circuit board. The big buck item.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:29 AM   #7

I found the problem. The 12v plug on the EMS board was getting intermittent power. When I unplugged it to check voltage it was good but must be because I put strain on the wire.
The other end is plugged into a fuse board below the EMS panel. That plug was not secure.
After properly securing the plug the EMS is working normal.
I found this problem by luck. I just started wiggling all connectors and when I pushed on this one I heard the EMS relays kick in.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:40 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Thanks for updating us. Glad you got it fixed.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote