Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2019, 04:40 PM   #1

No Hot Water

I have a 2003 34ft Holiday Rambler motorhome and I have run across something that totally stumps me. My by pass valve is open and there is plenty of water in the heater. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm using the 12 volt heater or the LP gas mode. The hot water heater runs just fine but I am getting no hot water out of the hot water side of the faucet. I've owned this for 5 years and have never run into this problem. It just doesn't make sense to me. Any idea of what is going on?
Super14j is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2019, 04:42 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Check to see if your faucet in the service bay is turned on. If so , then it off.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super14j View Post
I have a 2003 34ft Holiday Rambler motorhome and I have run across something that totally stumps me. My by pass valve is open and there is plenty of water in the heater. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm using the 12 volt heater or the LP gas mode. The hot water heater runs just fine but I am getting no hot water out of the hot water side of the faucet. I've owned this for 5 years and have never run into this problem. It just doesn't make sense to me. Any idea of what is going on?
Close your bypass valve.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super14j View Post
You've owned this rig for 5 years and it worked before, so what has changed recently? Did you just de-winterize?
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:39 AM   #5

[QUOTE=tfryman;4859933]Close your bypass val
Mojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:42 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
We worked on a friends 5er who had a similar problem. We finally found the hot water line between the water heater and the system had become plugged. I think the crap that builds up in the hot water tank was sucked into the inlet. We flushed the hot water tank (lots of crap came out) and blew out the line.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:02 AM   #7

We just had a similar problem within the last hour. We had hot water to all the faucets in front, but not to the rear shower and sink. Sure enough, I left the outside shower cold and hot valves open, but the trigger on the end was closed. I assume what was happening, then, was that when we ran hot water anywhere past the outside shower, it was letting the cold water mix with the hot. I closed the outside shower valves, and everything was back to normal.

Thanks,
MathComp
Old 07-13-2019, 12:51 PM   #8

no hot water

Thank You for the suggestions to my problem. Discovered a couple of issues...
#1. There was crud built up on the kitchen faucet which let a very weak and limited supply of water come out so when I thought I had the valve in the by-pass position was actually a slow flow due to the crud in the faucet. The biggest problem though was a severe case of CRS. It sucks to get old and forget things. Luckily a friend stopped by this morning and took all of 5 minutes to get me going again. Sorry guys for wasting your time.
Super14j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:40 AM   #9

Glad you got it figured out.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water