Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2014, 05:55 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Norcold 1200 ice maker

I have a 2003 Monaco Windsor with a Norcold 1200 refrigerator. The ice
maker was leaking and causing an ice water fall inside the freezer. I purchased a new Whirlpool ice maker from Lowes, the part number is HR 106 ECKMF94. After the install it doesn't seem to get any electrical current, I checked this by using a jumper wire. I went ahead and left it installed for two days just in case but it never worked. I then reinstalled the original ice maker and using the jumper wire it is getting electricity but after about 30 hrs. it still fails to work. The wire harness that came with the replacement is different than the original so I used the original to plug into the new unit. I also replaced the water solenoid valve and have it still hooked up. My question is, has anyone else experienced this problem and what did you do to correct it? Is there a test procedure to check the water solenoid to make sure it is not the problem? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark
grizz_chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2014, 06:01 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lots of current threads...

See this thread. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/boun...ed-197201.html

Or do a search in this site using the word 'icemaker'. It's a common problem.

Good luck!
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:02 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
To update a little, I have searched other posts and tried running power directly to the water solenoid and it does pump. The other thing I saw was everyone saying their kit cost $49 at Lowes, mine was $100. Could it be mine is the wrong kit?

Thanks again, Mark
grizz_chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
KIX

WE no longer have a Norcold 1200 series but when we did I replaced the icemaker. Here's what I noted that I used. It was $49.95 in early 2010. I did have to change the wiring connector but I didn't make notes of exactly what I did. Hope this helps you.
Whirlpool model ECKF94 Lowe's # 57773
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Thank you for the replacement part number info!

Our norcold LRIM 1200 icemaker hadn't made ice since we bought our used RV. Today, I installed both the replacement icemaker and water valve from the kit. Within a few hours, we had ice, again. I know this is an old post, but I wanted to thank the earlier posters for their info and keep this info fresh for future problem solvers. BTW, the kit at Lowes is now closer to $90.
RVwinos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold