Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2017, 03:05 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Norcold 1200 Lrim Ice Maker shut off?

Any idea how to shut power to the icemaker? I found where to shut off water but not seeing how to shut off power. We dont use it because DW hates the taste of the ice.

thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
Community Administrator

If you lift up the arm over the cubes , it will not make anymore ice.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
If you lift up the arm over the cubes , it will not make anymore ice.
Thanks Cliff - thats how we have been running, but I would like to kill power and water to it and put the arm down to make more room.

there is one plug which i assume is for ac power to fridge and splits off to the water flow valve to the icemaker i think. if i unplug it the propane kicks in.

jim
Old 09-26-2017, 03:33 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
I think there are two plugs behind the fridge panel? Is one tagged ice maker one goes to a inverter receptacle one goes to the shore power receptacle?
Old 09-26-2017, 03:33 PM   #5

Inside of the outside vent panel the fridge is hooked up to AC. On mine right next to that is another plug for the ice maker. I just unplugged it.
05 Dolphin #5342
Chuck Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
I think there are two plugs behind the fridge panel? Is one tagged ice maker one goes to a inverter receptacle one goes to the shore power receptacle?
Thanks - but nope. I only have one plug. no inverter.

the plug in i have is wired to the fridge and splits on that cord to the ice make water control valve. see picture.

the plug comes out of wall, wraps around a cable holder comes back towards front. a black wire goes towards fridge, a white wire splits. one white towards fridge and one to the green water connecting valve. a brown wire comes from the fridge to the water valve.

i guess i may have no way to disco power to the icemaker? it is also making annoying ticking noises unfortunately.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0162.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	177922  
Old 09-26-2017, 04:47 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-Writer View Post

the plug in i have is wired to the fridge and splits on that cord to the ice make water control valve. see picture.

the plug comes out of wall, wraps around a cable holder comes back towards front. a black wire goes towards fridge, a white wire splits. one white towards fridge and one to the green water connecting valve. a brown wire comes from the fridge to the water valve.

i guess i may have no way to disco power to the icemaker? it is also making annoying ticking noises unfortunately.

thanks

I just demo'd RLIM I guess I couldn't remember, but there should be a dedicated wire running up there keep looking. Look at the long chord looking wire running down from the ice maker wrapped with foil, it houses the fill tube and I think the wire for the ice maker? I think it's in your photo. See if the wires are running in that foil wrapped tubing.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
I just demo'd RLIM I guess I couldn't remember, but there should be a dedicated wire running up there keep looking. Look at the long chord looking wire running down from the ice maker wrapped with foil, it houses the fill tube and I think the wire for the ice maker? I think it's in your photo. See if the wires are running in that foil wrapped tubing.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1506466210.889272.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  82.5 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1506466223.290681.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  81.4 KB
Photos didn't want go before. I just pulled this from my trash can being I just took everything off the old unit today.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:32 PM   #9

Thanks - I am not seeing that. Here is a better picure of my outside access for the refridgerator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0164.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	177935  
Old 09-26-2017, 06:44 PM   #10

im

I would recommend that you remove the I/m and freeup the space in the freezer
hometool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometool View Post
I would recommend that you remove the I/m and freeup the space in the freezer
Thanks- that is what I aam thinking too. Appreciate it!
Old 09-26-2017, 07:03 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-Writer View Post

thanks

That's odd I don't see it in your photo either. Mine was wrapped around the fill tube. A light gray wire and a white wire but I think it is 12v. I still be them taped up.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:13 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
If it's like the one in our Norcold 1200LRIM, it's a standard, run of the mill ice maker. I've replaced the exact same unit in my S&B fridge. 2 screws secure it to the inside of the fridge. Undo those, lift up, then pull it out a wee bit & there will be a flat 3 pronged plug you can pull out of the outlet. Pull forward a bit more to clear the fill tube & it'll be out of there. You can then close the valve in the outside fridge compartment.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:01 AM   #14
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Our 1200LRIM has a separate 120VAC power cord coming down the back of the fridge. I just leave it unplugged.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold