Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #1

Norcold 1200 No Co - Only On Propane

Hi, I need some help as this has me stumped. Also I know many have replaced the Norcold with residential fridges - this is not an option for me at this time. My Questions Are:

The manual states NoCo before completing a cooling cycle - what is considered a complete cooling cycle?

I reset the board and the fridge lights and cools. There is no sign of leaking on the cooling unit. Unit works and cools properly on AC, but there seems to be an issue with operating on propane.

Typically we stay in RV parks with AC and run the fridge on propane when traveling, previously we have not experienced this issue but I have zero idea of what could be the cause currently.

Gas flue was cleaned, baffle removed and burner checked. When it is operating the flame is a nice blue and appears to be normal?

Help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2014, 05:02 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
I don't know if this helps but by memory the only time I had the NoCo read out was when the RV was not level overnight.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #3

This pdf may be of use: Resetting the No Cooling fault code. Sounds like your propane tank ran empty, or, somehow air was introduced into the system; either will prevent the propane burner from igniting.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #4

Ray, IN - Thanks for the link, it would seem that it could only be due to incorrect LP pressure. Burner hasn't been changed, flue is clean and baffle is installed. It went out when I was driving it and didn't re-light then gave the NoCo. I read on another forum that the igniter is also an LP sensor and if it goes bad it won't sense LP gas and will not light. Not certain if this could be part or the issue or not....
Old 04-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #5

NoCo means it's not cooling certain amount within a given time. I would pull out the burner and orifice, clean all, and check LP pressure.
The ignitor is also the flame sensor. If flame sense is bad it will light but not sense the HEAT (not LP) and just keep sparking.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #6

Replaced the igniter, still happened, ended up replacing the solenoid gas valve and the control board. This resolved the issue however since I did them together I can't tell you if it was one or the other or both that solved my problem.

Tags
norcold, propane