Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2016, 01:35 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Question Norcold 1200LR heater tubes

Has anyone replaced the AC heater tubes on the Nordic 1200 series refer? there are two, since a recent recall fix, and need to replace one that has a bad wire. looking for some input as to how to replace. thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I'm sure you're talking about the heating elements. Those slide into metal sleeves on the side of the stack. You'll have to release the locking tabs on the aluminum cover around the stack, pull away the insulation around the sleeves, and push the heater elements up out of the sleeves. They may be stuck pretty good and require a little persuasion, but they will slide out of the top.

Be sure you buy the proper heating elements! I don't remember the specs but I'm sure someone will give that info!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:04 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I just looked up the heater elements in the Norcold 1200 parts list. There are two part numbers listed, depending on the serial number of your fridge. Look at item #4 on the parts list below. Both show to be 120VAC 225W elements, not sure what the difference is!

img601.pdf
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, norcold, heat