Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Norcold 1201LRIM Control Board

Please, this is not a rant about Norcold. I do not want to hear about what a POS it is nor do I want to be told to go to a residential refer. I've had far more problems with my residential refers than any RV refer, including this one. I'm looking for help in troubleshooting a malfunction.

I am not getting any alarms or stored fault codes. Yet for the third time in a couple of months the unit has failed to cool. Twice when it was 'in use' and once when it was just turned on in preperation for an outing.
  • The boiler tube is stone cold on either A/C or gas. It is not clogged.
  • There is 12v and A/C to the refer, both are within range.
  • Turning it off and back on fixes it for xxxx hours
  • I have removed the thermistor and replaced it with an adjustable one that does not clip on the fin. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. But I'm wondering if by replacing the thermistor with one that is merely 'near' the fin the refer may be shutting down when it goes into defrost mode because it does not sense the change in fin temp within a certain timeframe. Naturally I saved the old thermistor and will be re-installing it before I replace anything else.
Just in case I need to replace the control board I've been looking for a dinosaur board but have not found a cross reference for the board I have. It is a 628661. The refer S/N is 9072158.

Thnaks,

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have searched for you and also came up short. I would call David Force of RV Cooling unit Warehouse. He will know. Here's a link to his contact info.

http://www.rvcoolingunit.net/servlet...ate/about/Page

Good luck.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Interesting......

I found a post on another RV site that said that many Norcold models go into a defrost cycle every 49 hours. The 1200 series were mentioned explicitly.

49 hours would have been around 11PM Thursday evening and we first noticed the problem Friday morning. Seems likely. Hopefully the experts at rvcoolerwarehouse or somewhere else will know the facts about the defrost cycle.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #4

Commercial Member

Monaco Owners Club
Muddypaws search the threads for norcold 1200 reset.
I just had to do mine the other day. In one of threads is the full manual posted as PDF from RV dealer.
That may help? Worked for my problem
Downsizer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold