Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #1

Norcold Interior Light Question

Hello all,
I recently purchased a 2005 DP with a Norcold Refrigerator 1200XX.

I am slowly working my way through the coach to fix all of the stuff that doesn't work.

The interior light in the refrigerator was missing the bulb and the bulb tabs on the bracket were broken. I replaced the bracket and bulb today but to my surprise it doesn't work. I followed the wiring for the light and it goes to a clip on one of the fins in the fridge where it ends (terminates).

Question: is the wiring supposed to go somewhere beyond that clip or what?

I'm hoping that someone with a similar unit can take a look inside and let me know where the interior light wires go.

Phil
aamkajutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2015, 08:42 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi Phil,

Here is your maintenance manual.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold1200.pdf
Old 06-10-2015, 08:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramichi View Post
Hi Phil,

Here is your maintenance manual.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold1200.pdf
Thank you very much for sending this. I'll dig through it to see if I can find an answer.

Phil
Old 06-11-2015, 03:30 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't think you traced the wire properly. The wires from the thermostat on the fins should go to the control board. The wires for my bulb go to the control board I think - because there is a timer on the bulb that turns it off after the door is open for maybe 30 seconds or so.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamkajutsu View Post
Thank you very much for sending this. I'll dig through it to see if I can find an answer.

Phil
Sure thing, let us know!
Old 06-24-2015, 08:40 PM   #6

I'm still fighting with trying to get the inside light (lamp) to come on in my Norcold fridge.

I've replaced the lamp bulb, lamp bracket and the thermistor. It still won't come on. I have current at the bracket and if I plug the bulb into the hot side of the bracket and then run a wire from the other side of the bulb to a "ground" the bulb will light. I checked the voltage at the bracket... one side is showing 14+ volts so I assume that's the hot side. The other side I would think would be the ground but it's showing about 4-1/2 volts. The wire coming in to that side of the bracket is black with a white stripe.

I'm tempted to just cut that wire and run it to a permanent ground but I hate to jury-rig things. If that wire runs to the control board then I must be getting a current bleed into the ground somewhere.

Thoughts anyone?
Old 06-24-2015, 10:01 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
I have confirmed my fridge is wired as per the schematic on page 53 of the manual.

There are 34 wires that come into the fridge and there is a 4 wire connector just after the wires come into the fridge.

Hot side of interior light is red, ground is white with black stripe. Is your 4 wire connector connected correctly?

The other two wires in the 4 wire connector head to the thermistor control, red with white stripe, and black with white stripe.

As mentioned if the door is open for a set period the light shuts off and the fridge will beep.

As well the light does not work when the fridge is powered down.

Hope this helps.
Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:02 AM   #8

The four wire connector is connected correctly as far as I know. If I leave the doors open I do get the door open notification and beep if it's left open even though the light does not come on.

Would you be kind enough to check the black/white wire to see if you have any voltage there?

I'm thinking that is where the problem is... I don't have a good ground perhaps but I don't know where the wire goes to. Perhaps the back side of the control board or something?

I'm wondering if I have a bad control board... thoughts?

Tags
interior, light, norcold