Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2018, 09:58 AM   #1

Powergear leveling emergency then no power

So, I'm finally feeling good about the shape that all of the systems are in. But yesterday I had a new issue...

My 1998 Fleetwood Southwind 32v has powergear hydraulic leveling jacks were extended and the rig was level. The transmission was in Park - I turned the ignition key on and immediately the do not move light was blinking, the buzzer was buzzing, the jacks retracted (with what felt like was a sudden loss of pressure) the lights on the control board were blinking. Then the control board went dark... When I pressed on the on button - no light.

I made the sure rig was in Park - before and during this.
The fuse is good - I replaced it just in case but still nothing.

Since they are held up by springs, I am not concerned of them coming down while I am driving but any ideas?

Is there an emergency reset?
jbeyersdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2018, 10:08 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Our first MH circa 2001 from an other builder with the PG hydraulic would retract the jacks if the ignition was turned on.
Our current MH circa 2008 does not.

The transmission has to be in Park and the parking brake ON for jack operation.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:20 AM   #3

Sorry, I dont think I mentioned that.
I have a Yellow plunger on the dash to activate the parking brake - it was activated.

after the jacks retracted - I put the rig into neutral, back into Park, actuated the brake, then turned off the rig.

Then, I turned on the ignition, (still in park, still with the parking brake on) and the on button would not light up on the leveling system.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:26 PM   #4

resolution:

Low Brake Fluid was responsible for leveling jack retraction.

After reading through several threads about brakes I looked further into that as a possibility...

My brakes were a little soft so I opened the brake fluid reservoir. What I noticed was that (although there is no dipstick or fluid level indicators) the fluid was only about half way up the reservoir - So, I filled up the reservoir and now the brakes not only feel more firm but the jacks also operate normally.

Tags
leveling, power