Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Pressure water tanks

For the life of me, can't understand why a $300,000 MH doesn't have a pressure tank in the water system. We installed a 7 gal. bladder tank (probably 3-4 gal. water) and the water pump cycles after 3-4 "flushes" or after a faucet is on for over a minute. Are we missing something?
As our '04 Beaver is plumbed for a washer/dryer, the install took 10 minutes. A normal washer hose (with stainless braid) connected to both the cold water outlet and the tank.
Harold Miller
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I put one in my fifth wheel and now in my motor home, how sweet it is when you get up at night and the pump doesn't start singing.

Lued
Old 04-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #3

Can you please post a link to where you got your tank. I have been considering do this myself.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:52 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Both tank and hose came from Lowes. MH is not here (with receipts) but recall it was 7 gal. and about $117. plus the hose. Pay attention to the hose as they come with different end fittings (both should be water hose fittings). Teflon tape sealed it very well. Oh yes, tanks come in horiz. or vert. types depending on how/where you plan on mounting it. We used the horiz. as it had "legs" and sits nicely in the wash/dryer area.
Harold Miller
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:04 AM   #5

I think this might be the one you bought
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...-7H&lpage=none

My compartment in the logical place to put it is small. I am thinking I might go with the 2 or 3 gallon tank and mount it. I think that would serve most of my purposes as a flush of quick hand wash desn't take anywhere near that much even allowing for the air volume in the bladder. I would be putting it next to the gas/electric hot water heater in my compartment. Lowe's says my store has it in stock, so I will go look. I had a kink in my discharge hose from the water pump I had to fix anyway, so I have climbed around in there a lot already.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:58 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I used the Lowe's 2 gal and laid it on it's side,works fine. Just take's a little more RV antifreeze, for you that live were it's cold.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:04 AM   #7

Did you attach it to the wall or floor of the compartment and if so, how did you do this? I was thinking of a poly webbing strap.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I Just used a bungy cord , attached it to the floor and the cabinet, used a peice of 1x2 to hold it in place, never a problem. That was on my Fifthwheel, My motor home i have it setting in a milk crate for now untill i make bracket for it.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #9

We are leaving for a 3 month trip (to get the remaining states of the lower 48) and I am trying to get it done before we leave as we boondock a lot. Having to get new tires which is a big expense though.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Shurflo make a tank like that. Take a look at http://www.shurflo.com/pages/RV/rv_c...aterSysAcc.htm

George
cvrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:38 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I plumbed in a 3 gallon bladder tank from Lowes. Tee'd it into the cold supply line near the water pump and used plumbers strap to attach it to the floor of the compartment the pump is in.

We appreciate not having the pump come on at night, also really like being able to limit the amount of water the kids use
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
The Shurflo's are smaller and alot more $$$$$$$$$$$$
Denny
Old 04-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #13

The larger the tank, the longer it will provide the pressure needed between pump cycling. Larger tanks require more space obviously and is probably why most RV manufacturers don't install them. The small [less than 1/2 gal. capacity] ones offer very little benefit to prolong the time between pump cycling. If you have a choice, install the tank vertically with fitting downwards and above the connecting pipe so that all water drains from the tank when you drain your system. This is particularly important if you use compressed air instead of chemicals to winterize your RV. Trapped water in the tank will freeze if not treated.
yudamann is offline   Reply With Quote