Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2016, 07:36 AM   #1

Problem with Intellitec Energy Management System

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2006 Fleetwood Discovery 39S with an Intellitec Energy Management System Model 900. The issue is the display panel does not light up but everything seems to be operating normally. I did have a power surge in the campgrounds I was which burnt up the start capacitor yesterday which I had replaced. Not sure if my issue is related to that or not. Does anyone know if there is a fuse or a reset for the system??

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
Mike R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2016, 08:06 AM   #2
YC1

Mike,
Disconnect from shoreline and turn your batteries off or better yet, disconnect the negative terminals. If you have solar, that needs to be disconnected too unless after dark of course. Give it 2-3 minutes and reconnect the batteries and shoreline. It could be in a blue screen type of problem that a reboot will fix.

Just turning off battery disconnects may not remove all power. I prefer disconnecting the battery negative leads. And while you are in there take some pictures for future reference when it comes time to replace batteries. It is so easy to drop a small wire behind somewhere and then have all kinds of mysterious problems.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:14 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike R View Post
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2006 Fleetwood Discovery 39S with an Intellitec Energy Management System Model 900. The issue is the display panel does not light up but everything seems to be operating normally. I did have a power surge in the campgrounds I was which burnt up the start capacitor yesterday which I had replaced. Not sure if my issue is related to that or not. Does anyone know if there is a fuse or a reset for the system?? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike
Mike, if you have the same EMS system that I had in my Itasca (see below) then it does not show power usage when you are hooked up to 50 amp service. It only displays amperage draw when on 30 amp or on the generator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PowerLineEMS-1.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	134576  
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:16 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
It's not a Fleetwood but our Intellec system plugs into the charger/inverter. It can be rebooted by simply unplugging it from there. It's a large plug like and Ethernet plug to connect a computer wired.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:30 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2006 Fleetwood Discovery 39S with an Intellitec Energy Management System Model 900. The issue is the display panel does not light up but everything seems to be operating normally. I did have a power surge in the campgrounds I was which burnt up the start capacitor yesterday which I had replaced. Not sure if my issue is related to that or not. Does anyone know if there is a fuse or a reset for the system?
Mike
There is a 3amp fuse on the circuit board of the EMS-900. I'm not sure how you remove the face plate off the circuit breaker panel to reach it, but pulling/replacing it is the mfg's suggested reset method.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:58 AM   #6

Old Bounder I want to make sure I understand what you are saying. I removed the face plate for the panel for the EMS and there are 2 screws to pull the panel. Are you saying if I remove the screws there is a 3amp fuse that I can pull to possibly reset the system?
Old 07-31-2016, 10:24 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Old Bounder I want to make sure I understand what you are saying. I removed the face plate for the panel for the EMS and there are 2 screws to pull the panel. Are you saying if I remove the screws there is a 3amp fuse that I can pull to possibly reset the system?
If you have removed the face plate and can see the wires attached to the circuit breakers, you should be able to see a circuit board that has the 3amp fuse on it. In the 900, it is probably the main EMS board.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:34 AM   #8

Problem with Intellitec Energy Management System

Folks,

I appreciate everyone's assistance with trouble shooting my Intellitec Energy Management System Model 900.

Thus far I have checked the 3amp fuse on the circuit board and also confirmed that I have voltage leading to my remote display panel. In speaking Intellitec support they told me to disconnect and reconnect the 3 prong plug for the remote display which I did and still no power to the remote panel.

At this point I am going to roll the dice and first start with replacing the remote display panel. At a cost of $72 vs the replacement of the main EMS circuit board at $218 if figured I try the cheaper first.

I will keep everyone posted once I get the new remote display panel.

Regards,

Mike
Old 08-04-2016, 07:55 AM   #9

Does anyone know anything about the EMU 2? Intelatek saids they don't make them anymore PLEASE HELP
dogdiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intellitec