Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2016, 03:58 PM   #1

Problem with Ultra Level panel not turning on

I am on holiday in North America from Australia. I have hired a 32' Damon Sports 2010 for 2 months to explore New England/South East Canada for the fall colors. After using the auto levelers a couple of times they now refuse to work. When I turn the ignition on the Front/Right/Rear/Left/Center lights cycle on but the panel does not light up when I press the On button. I put the emergency brake on, have the engine running with the RV in Park. Nothing! Any advice on how to get the levellers working would be appreciated.

I have attached an image of the control panel.
Brent

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2016, 04:04 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Your best bet is to look through the manual trouble shooting section. it should have some steps to determine the possible cause of the failure.

A few that come to mind:
Bad ground (road vibration can cause ground crews to come loose)
bad signal from the transmission or the park brake (both are needed for the control box to function, and these are typically a grounded signal as well)
Bad control box or panel (unfortunate, but if its not a power or ground issue, then this is the most likely)

You can test bad signals at the control box by providing a chassis ground to the safety inputs using a piece of thin solid copper wire and some alligator jumpers (or any other makeshift jumper). Ensure that the coach is in park and the brake set, then try one at a time and see if the panel turns on.

If you have no experience with troubleshooting electrical components, I suggest you hire a technician or stop by a service center. Inadvertently damaging a control box can be costly.
nukerj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel