Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2015, 07:49 PM   #15

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
That's true only of the non-vented combos.

Our non vented drys very well.
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2015, 08:07 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I use ours every trip except when we are dry camping. Hate going home with a laundry basket full of dirty clothes.
Krivanj, I use liquid downy. If you pull out your detergent tray you will see which compartment is for the fabric softener. Just add it at the same time that you put in your detergent.
Barbara

tikitom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:35 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have the vented combo unit-- the 2100XC. You do have to be aware of load size, and you can only do one load at a time, but we are quite pleased.

It's true that it may not dry FAST, but if it doesn't dry WELL you've been neglecting your routine maintenance. You have to keep the ducting cleared of lint, and there are routine procedures to help you do this. This is where the American propensity to ignore the instruction book and just jump right in will work against you. Same with the wrinkling. These are NOT home laundry machines, and if you try to operate them that way you will be disappointed.

John & Diane, Fulltime since '12
2002 DSDP 40, FL, Cat 3126
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscot View Post
What type/brand of detergent do you find works best?
DW's been using Tide pods, on the advice of a friend who full times and has used them since they were introduced.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:51 AM   #19

Always use HE (high efficiency) detergent and only use a small amount. Seeding tons of suds is not your friend!!!!!
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:06 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
We have the vented model and it works well. Yes, small loads and you have to be careful or wrinkles will overwhelm your clothes. All of the above mentioned drawbacks are true; however, campground laundrymats are spotty, some are very costly ( we were at an electric only campground and found the crappy old washer and dry costed $4 per wash and $4 per not quite dry load ), and we avoid the sitting there waiting for an open machine and then for it to be done. We consider our Splendide a very good deal all around.
Harshy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:45 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Stepping in a little late here. We have the stackable units. Both work well. However....Winnebago decided to drain the washer into the black tank. It seems to fill the black tank about 1/3 full for two wash loads. That's 25 gallons in our 75 gallon tank. Does that seem possible? 12-13 gallons of water per load?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:10 AM   #22

KC Did you go with the splendid? I went with the vented model, I had to cut away part of the back wall in the pantry to make it fit. There is no place run for the vent, but there is room to fit it. I went down into the basement and put a vent cover in the side of the box. It's been about a month. I am not around to check it, but my wife has been using it with no problems. The vent hose is alms straight down. And it does not even get warm after drying a load.
logalinipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:53 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
We have the stacked units now but had the combo unit in our previous coach. One of the nice things about the combo unit is you go to bed and wake up with clean dry clothes. You don't need to travel with as many clothes with a unit in your rig. We think the combo units work just fine. jmo mark
MCJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
No doubt that a stackable unit would be great. However, I am very pleased with the vented model. I wash small loads every day. Pretty great getting up to clean dry clothes. for wrinkle prone things I have a foldable rack and dry for 5 min then hang. Previous coach had non vented model, I was unhappy with it and would not recommend. Drying was awful and clothes came out steaming.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:29 AM   #25

If you hate laundromats like we do, then it's definitely worth it. Yes it dries slow because it's 110 voltage and doesn't produce much heat. Yes it's small because it fits in a rv! Obviously it has to be smaller. We couldn't fit anything else. We have the stackable and are very happy with how well it cleans. Excellent results, pretty quiet and expensive probably because they're unique and made in italy. We stay at an rv park every week to dump, so we do laundry when we're at a park.
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:26 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Wife thought it was something she would never use. She absolutely loves it now that she knows how much to wash per load. We use the Tide High efficiency detergent as well. We toss things usually first thing in the morning.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:50 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
We've got a vented Splendide combo unit - and use it pretty regularly. It takes a little time to get a handle on "right sizing" the load - but it does a decent job of getting things clean. Unlike having a separate washer and dryer - where you can have one load washing and another drying - a single load can take darn near 2 hours to complete. You'll also want to be sure you pay attention to not letting a load sit for any length of time once the cycle is finished (unless you really like the totally wrinkled look!). We've gotten into the habit of tossing in a small load every day or two. If you stay on top of it such that laundry doesn't pile up - it works great.

The only thing we can't do well in the Splendide are towels and bedding. We hit a laundromat to wash the "big stuff". Fortunately, we carry enough of each that we can go a month between laundromat visits - so we pick and choose when/where we perform that chore.

I suspect we would have preferred a stacked washer and dryer set ... but the coach came with the Splendide combo unit. We're good with how the Splendide is working for us - and are happy to have the extra storage space we would have lost to a "stacked" set.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:30 PM   #28
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
One more comment. We found over a long period of time that we were not putting enough clothes in to wash because of fear of overloading it. With small loads the unit will vibrate more when spinning!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote