Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2016, 11:07 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Quick question about the WD2100XC (Vented)

I recently bought a used 5th wheel that included this model. I have never used it, or any unit like it... but I was "playing" with it today in preparation for winterizing it.

In a "Dry" cycle, I can hear a fan running, but after going outside the coach to check the vent and noting almost NO air coming out of the vent... and removing the ductwork from the back of the unit and again noting very little air movement, I am thinking there is something wrong.

How much air should be moving through that vent? I can hear a fan, but feel little air!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2016, 03:51 PM   #30
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbkerk View Post
Quick question about the WD2100XC (Vented)

I recently bought a used 5th wheel that included this model. I have never used it, or any unit like it... but I was "playing" with it today in preparation for winterizing it.

In a "Dry" cycle, I can hear a fan running, but after going outside the coach to check the vent and noting almost NO air coming out of the vent... and removing the ductwork from the back of the unit and again noting very little air movement, I am thinking there is something wrong.

How much air should be moving through that vent? I can hear a fan, but feel little air!

Mark, I have the 2000 model, vented, and had the same problem when we bought the coach. The flexible vent pipe between the tub and the rear of the machine was totally clogged with lint! Obviously someone had never cleaned the lint filter on the front! I cleaned all that gunk out and it works great now! BTW, we clean the lint filter before EVERY wash!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:47 PM   #31

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Mark, I have the 2000 model, vented, and had the same problem when we bought the coach. The flexible vent pipe between the tub and the rear of the machine was totally clogged with lint! Obviously someone had never cleaned the lint filter on the front! I cleaned all that gunk out and it works great now! BTW, we clean the lint filter before EVERY wash!
Thanks... but my situation is a little different. the 2100 does not have a lint filter. I have taken the vent tube off of the machine and there is no airflow from the machine itself, though the fan is running.

I did get an answer from Splendide tech support (nice folks) and they told me there is likely buildup of some kind between the outer and inner drums. He detailed a procedure using a vinegar / water mixture and one of the cycles that fills the drum 1/2 way, and running though that process 3 times to clean it up. I will have to give that a try when time allows. I am pretty busy with harvest right now so not a lot of spare time for fun stuff!
Old 09-30-2016, 10:13 AM   #32
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbkerk View Post
Thanks... but my situation is a little different. the 2100 does not have a lint filter. I have taken the vent tube off of the machine and there is no airflow from the machine itself, though the fan is running.

I did get an answer from Splendide tech support (nice folks) and they told me there is likely buildup of some kind between the outer and inner drums. He detailed a procedure using a vinegar / water mixture and one of the cycles that fills the drum 1/2 way, and running though that process 3 times to clean it up. I will have to give that a try when time allows. I am pretty busy with harvest right now so not a lot of spare time for fun stuff!

My buildup WAS inside the machine, in the duct between the drum and the back wall. I didn't know they made machines without some kind of lint filter. Good luck on finding your problem!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:31 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, mbkerk, use that procedure. We also have a 2100, and the lint clean out should be done as a preventative measure every 6 months or so. We've found it best if you try to get the drum filled more than half way-- maybe about two-thirds.
The 2100XC had no cleanable lint filter per se. The system relies on lint being kept mixed with the water, and then all being flushed into the drain with the water. There is a coarse screen over the drain to block small clothing items from blocking the drain. Over time this screen builds up layers of dried lint. The procedure outlined is designed to slosh water around this screen to loosen and flush off the dried lint. If your experience is like ours you will be amazed at the quantity of crud that flushes into your water.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS40, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote