Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I believe Dometic paid for the replacement of ours - but Joyce has coordinated all repairs done on our coach.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
As far as replacement, it is an easy task for a mobile repairman... for screws into the coach release the unit after removing the top. Pull the smart board. The reason it is not for the meek to do it yourself is that the unit weighs about 250 lbs.
Sorry!! All RV roof Coleman AC models will weigh from 79.5 lb to the heaviest at 100 lb.
No monster 250 lb's.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
What does Bontrager have to say about replacing/repairing under warranty?
Ray I couldn't get anyone here competent on the weekend. Entegra has done all they could too. We had fantasy fest winding up then the Halloween thing so not many people were willing to work. I am currently waiting till 1 oclock the repairs on the ac the gentleman is very competent, said they are sealed units he thinks its like posted earlier, a simple switch electrical. the hydraulic weep im having should be simply removing filter. Taking the 2 c clamps off the hoses removing the tee adding pipe dope and or Teflon tape and reinstalling it. As it was just not tight enough during installation, in my eyes that's better than being too tight then stuff cracks if ya know what I mean. So hopefully that irons everything out as the generator had to be pulled last week and Ray at entegra CS. litt up the company doing that repair, as entegra had no fault in that it turned out a bad wiring harness on the genny. From the factory
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
Sorry!! All RV roof Coleman AC models will weigh from 79.5 lb to the heaviest at 100 lb.
No monster 250 lb's.
OK...just going by what the shipping carton said on my replacement. The guy that carried it up the ladder on his back; well, he said 250 lbs, but I might be wrong. I did lift one end of it...I'd say less than 250, but I darn sure didn't lift it very far, so maybe 200. JMHO.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
I believe Dometic paid for the replacement of ours - but Joyce has coordinated all repairs done on our coach.
As stated earlier, from experience...Coleman's for Entegras delivered after mid-Dec, and Coleman pays for the AC. If you get mobile service, you'll likely have to pay for that and Entegra will reimburse. My understanding is if you take it to a repair facility, Coleman will pay. In any event, coordination through Entegra always works best.

Just saying' ... been there, done that, earned the badge less than two months ago.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #20

Entegra got a rep from coleman to call the tech who was trouble shooting the rear unit while he was on the roof, Man that's great service. They then determined it was a bad power control module one is on the way they said to florida 2 to 5 days so I called coleman back to expedite the shipping to overnight was 70 bucks so it should be here at 12 today at the dispatch yard. We should get a call then with a appointment that was really cool that Entegra got a factory Coleman rep literally on the roof face time awesome to walk through the steps to determine PCS BOARD.. THATS service Entegra. RIGHT ON
Old 11-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
OK...just going by what the shipping carton said on my replacement. The guy that carried it up the ladder on his back; well, he said 250 lbs, but I might be wrong. I did lift one end of it...I'd say less than 250, but I darn sure didn't lift it very far, so maybe 200. JMHO.
Humped one myself. Less than 100 lbs, shipping box included.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
Entegra got a rep from coleman to call the tech who was trouble shooting the rear unit while he was on the roof, Man that's great service. They then determined it was a bad power control module one is on the way they said to florida 2 to 5 days so I called coleman back to expedite the shipping to overnight was 70 bucks so it should be here at 12 today at the dispatch yard. We should get a call then with a appointment that was really cool that Entegra got a factory Coleman rep literally on the roof face time awesome to walk through the steps to determine PCS BOARD.. THATS service Entegra. RIGHT ON
Johnny, that was my experience...if you can't get the mobile guy out, that is a box out and box in change out (at least if it is the silver 10"X3"X1" box inside I'm thinking of)...the only real thing you have to look at is there is a tab switch inside the box that ID's which AC unit it is (they come set on #1). You want to make sure the switch is on the right unit, or you'll get no joy downstairs when you go to the read out. Again, been there and done that. Switched the box out on my own.

I'm glad you don't have to switch out the whole unit and some of your Keys vacation can be saved.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:50 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
What does Bontrager have to say about replacing/repairing under warranty?
Wher can I find info on the campfire levels shown

2016 F150 Bronze Super Crew Cab 4X4
BigmoneySr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:51 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
As stated earlier, from experience...Coleman's for Entegras delivered after mid-Dec, and Coleman pays for the AC. If you get mobile service, you'll likely have to pay for that and Entegra will reimburse. My understanding is if you take it to a repair facility, Coleman will pay. In any event, coordination through Entegra always works best.

Just saying' ... been there, done that, earned the badge less than two months ago.

Where did you get the us map in your signature

2016 F150 Bronze Super Crew Cab 4X4
BigmoneySr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmoneySr View Post
Where did you get the us map in your signature
First question...campfires are based upon posts...100 makes you a senior member with two first, 250 three fires, 500 makes four fires, 1000 five fires, 2500 six fires...at least I think that's how it goes.

Second question... Visited States Map by epgSoft you then follow instructions, create a map, then add it too you sig block (put the cursor after a carriage return after the Toad). You'll then select the image from where ever you save it from the software site.

Have fun.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:18 AM   #26

Quote:
After trying Kuppa's rec, if no joy, it is a fairly easy process to check out the AC top side. The fact that it is blowing air, but not cold, suggests that you may want to check the compressor. You'll need your set of star (or a phillips, I have both on top). Probably want a chuck that you can put in a drill...faster. Objective is to pull the black cowling off; four screws old it on and it is light weight. Once you have the screws off, lift carefully up to expose the inner unit. Have the DW then turn the #3 air on. Check the top copper tube going from the compressor (big black cylinder) to the coils in the front; and both fans should be operating. If it is not cold to the touch (which I'm guessing it won't be), you'll have your issue.

The fix is a little more problematic. You'll need a total replacement of the unit. Coleman doesn't replace just the compressor. Call Entegra CS and coordinate with them. They'll likely put you in touch with Coleman in Wichita. For me, I had a mobile tech lined up, after talking to Coleman, and they shipped the new unit to the mobile outfit (three days), and the mobile guys came out and replaced, shipping the old unit back to Coleman. All I paid was the site visit charge (which Entegra reimbursed).

Meantime, your #2 and #1 will deliver some cool air to the back through the ducting. Hope that helps.
Dave you were right on the entire process, problem solved exactly in the order you stated, with the pcm silver box, however once the silver box wasreplaced you have to go to the thermostat inside the coach bottom reight,,, remove the fuse for 5 minutes then replace it. wait 5 minutes then and only then will it recognize the new pcm power control module. but glad no new unit. Jacob, Sabrina and Ray at Entegra went above and beyond to get me through the ordeal.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:18 AM   #27
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmoneySr View Post
Wher can I find info on the campfire levels shown

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1420113336.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	49492

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
Dave you were right on the entire process, problem solved exactly in the order you stated, with the pcm silver box, however once the silver box wasreplaced you have to go to the thermostat inside the coach bottom reight,,, remove the fuse for 5 minutes then replace it. wait 5 minutes then and only then will it recognize the new pcm power control module. but glad no new unit. Jacob, Sabrina and Ray at Entegra went above and beyond to get me through the ordeal.
Sorry, forgot about the fuse...CRS.