Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2014, 02:19 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Refrigerator door seal problem

On my 2000 Fleetwood Bounder the door seal on the Dometic refrigerator keeps coming off or it hangs loose. Model number RM1282 two door unit. I have looked for a door seal two sided tape in my area and could not find any. Does anyone no where to get some or what I can do to fix it. Thank You for the help
bounder-andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2014, 02:57 PM   #2

It could just be a matter of the door being out of alignment. Or if not try motorsports land or camping world. Sounds like should install new hardware on the door and just replace the whole door seal. Also make sure door pins ( the pin lock are not missing. Usually not worth trying to repair if it's just going to give you trouble. You can also try state trailer supply but be warned. They are one of the more expensive rv outlets.

Hope this helps
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:08 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
The door itself is working fine it is a problem with the seal is not staying attached to the door. Thanks for the help.
bounder-andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:30 AM   #4
Community Administrator

I had a piece come loose on my Norcold and applied some silicone and it held till I sold it some four years later.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
2014 Bounder Dometic refrigerator

I'll start here first since there is a very similar similarity only. The four-door Dometic refrigerator in our coach has had a cooling problem since we bought it and it's presently in the shop for the 4th time on the same problem. Now allow me to catch my breath and say there have been other problems and none have been fixed properly by this Camping World Dealership so that being the clue @1 it is my prosecutorial opinion "they don't care, and get the "H" out of here." No problem I do plan on filing a complaint with the State Attorney General and told them of that already. We have the setting on maximum 5 setting, are running 2 battery operated fans inside and have 2 temperature gauges inside both reading the same - 38 to 42. Even overnight when the door isn't opened. So what have they done? I asked and they always say "looks good to us." They ran it on propane the first time (not electric) and on maximum 5 setting and when I picked it up of course it was turned off only to find out it wasn't repaired after we got to the campground. Now everyone knows how long it takes for these to reach the temperature so "out the door and good luck ha, ha jokes on me." Now it's going on the second week for this fourth try and they state the problem is the door handles and they are ordered... be a few weeks until they are in. I argued there was no way this was the problem and new handles would not help. I did the dollar bill test. But I thought I would run this through this forum to see maybe... just maybe... I'm wrong. But Marcus Lemus is about to get a letter and an Attorney General's charge from me. I will also be sending letters in this order: This dealership that I won't buy or trade there, Camping World - you lost my business - and finally I won't own another Fleetwood, although I love the coach - hate the problems. Door handles to fix a cooling problem this bad? Really? Oh and at 145 miles one-way to get it serviced it cost me several hundred dollars - the "not a Happy Camper" saying - well I think it started at this dealership.
gdetty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, refrigerator, seal