Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2017, 08:04 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Replacement Refrigerator Gasket

Hi there everyone,

We have a Norcold 1200LRIM refrigerator and the flaps on the door gaskets have started to develop cracks in them.

We are wondering if anyone has ever replaced these on their refrigerator and where you got the replacement gaskets.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Safe travels!

luvdoggiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2017, 06:42 AM   #2

We had a Norcold 1200 but changed it out for a residential.....only regret has been that we did not do it sooner. As to your question, I wanted to do the same on our Norcold and after reading it somewhere in one of the forms and also asking a rep at a FMCA Rally, the only way to replace them is buying a complete new door.......which in my opinion is completely ridiculous and I informed the rep as well. Never did find a way to repair or replace the gasket. Sorry

Old 01-15-2017, 07:11 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I asked the same question some years ago and was told no .. norcold doesn't offer gaskets but they will sell you complete doors at 400 bucks ! Maybe that's changed.. but from my experience with no cold I doubt if. Good luck !
I used tape to repair my torn gasket ... until I traded the coach in.
BillJinOR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:52 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you everyone for your input, it is greatly appreciated!

Safe travels!
luvdoggiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:28 PM   #5

Gasket

I have the same problem. I recently finished RV Technician School and asked the same question. I was told the same thing. I believe there is a "Norcold guy somewhere on the interweb and he says the same thing. I suggest you find a nice Samsung and a good Cabinet maker to pull out the old one and put in the Residential.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:43 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will have to also check my norcold 1200 (2 door) gaskets this year once I get MH out of winter storage. I hope door gaskets are good. If not I will be trying to find a way to fabricate new gaskets. I cannot believe that it can not be done and the only way is to buy a new door. With all the experience out here I have to believe someone or a group of us can fabricate new gaskets and a way to solve this problem. Sounds like a challenge to me. This can not just be non-fixable can it ?
Tom Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:39 PM   #7

If anyone gets ambitious you might be able to buy new gasket that will work from here Refrigeration - Gaskets - Refrigeration Gaskets - Page 1 - BA Refrigeration
DAJO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
I asked the same question some years ago and was told no .. norcold doesn't offer gaskets but they will sell you complete doors at 400 bucks ! Maybe that's changed.. but from my experience with no cold I doubt if. Good luck !
I used tape to repair my torn gasket ... until I traded the coach in.
Yep, its changed, Norcold 1200 series doors with gaskets are now $600 ea. I repaired one spot in mine once, if they go bad, I'll just buy a new frig, as it's a 1999 model.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:23 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
So what is one of the closest models of residential refrigerators to replace the 1200 4 door models? Anyone Bueller?

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-16-2017, 06:43 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
The common replacement is a samsung 18cu French door counter depth ... taller and requires adaptation but same width and depth. Uses about 10 amp hours in 12 volt conversion 1.1 amp hours at 110
BillJinOR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:55 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Dr4Film you told me about a model awhile back that too was a Samsung counter depth model?

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Replacement Refrigerator Gasket

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAJO View Post
If anyone gets ambitious you might be able to buy new gasket that will work from here Refrigeration - Gaskets - Refrigeration Gaskets - Page 1 - BA Refrigeration

I'm thinking that this is worth a try rather than $600 a door or buy a new fridg. I'm going to try it if I need new gaskets. I bookmarked site for future reference when needed.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:16 PM   #13

When our freezer gasket bit the dust we went through the same thing where you could not buy the gasket and our model Dometic was no longer available and the replacement model would not fit. I ended up buying door weather stripping and installing that. So far it has worked well and is keeping the freezer cold. This going on our 3rd year with it.

Geoff
Old 01-16-2017, 09:34 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ah, there is hope. I knew it, some smart folks fixed a bad gasket. Great news for those of us waiting for our gaskets to need replacing. We will do the same and then norcold can keep their door. They could make some money if the would just sell us a gasket also maybe retain some future customers. Poor service does not retain customers.

Tags
ace, gas, refrigerator, replace, replacement